1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my parts kit and payment to John last Monday, he got it on Wed. Thursday morning he sent UPS tracking #. I sent him a email back saying he must have me confused with someone else. He responded letting me know he is a dedicated gunsmith that believes in getting the job done and get it done right. I got my complete 1919a4 back on the following Monday. WHAT A GREAT GUY!!!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
John built my first M1919A4 some years ago.
It was a kit from Yugoslavia and was in 8X57 Mauser.

I met him while working at KCR and had the pleasure of shaking his hand and thanking him for the work he performed on that gun.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
I'd like to see pictures. It's truly impressive that John's guy is able to do in 8 hours what takes others weeks, months, or even years.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I have been privy to a box re-build with all new rivets and new left side. Minus the re-park, two hours. He knows what he is doing for sure. J

·
Registered
787 Posts
John does great work He has built a 1928 colt and several 1919's for me. I have had the luxury/privilege to visit with him at his shop. He even let me help some on my last build, the OOW I had problems with.

Wally

·
Legendary Donor
1,678 Posts
John M

hell i know him well.
he's retired, all he does is sit by the shop door waiting for UPS truck with a crazy look in his eyes !!!!!
:D:eek: LOL
tomt

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd like to see pictures. It's truly impressive that John's guy is able to do in 8 hours what takes others weeks, months, or even years.
I will try and post pictures tomorrow. I thought it was impressive as well I was thinking it would take a few weeks. Needless to say I am one very happy customer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
John is great. He helped me out with my son's 1919. Awesome guy. Does great work and super fast.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts