1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved my pod today from John. It was one of his
prototype dozen he displayed here a couple of weeks ago.

Gotta say I'm impressed in quality of workmanship.

Much better than I expected on such a low budget item.
As good as the Izzy's Ive seen.

Thanks John. Packing was well done, not a ding on it.

Shipping took 10 days to the left coast, with 2
weekends and the holiday as well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
John Powell

I just opened the box that had my m2 tripod from John Powell. I am IMPRESSED. Amazing work John. Quick shipping too. I am thinking that you are a perfectionist because you kind of put your work down a little. These are awsome tripods. Heavy material, strong welds and nice finish. I would deal with John again anyday. Thanks again John.

Todd Knighton

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
John Powell Tripods

I received mine the other day also. While this is not an exact replica of the M2 ( the dimensions of some parts are not exactly the same) it performs and looks the same. At last I have something that looks like the real thing at a third the cost. As I suggested to John, some day someone will likely try to pass one off as an original M2. I would like to see him put his name or trade mark and possibly a serial number on them. This would also be an indicator of quality. And remember these were only prototypes. He says he will be making improvements on the next batch.

I have an admission. I am addicted to parkerizing so I stripped the paint and parkerized mine. Just my personal preference. If I decide I want it painted later I can always do that over the park. John paints these with a gray green OD paint that looks for the world like WWII parkerizing and I was very tempted to just leave it that way as it is a quality paint job as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts