1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all, as you all know way too well the 50 is a fun but expensive project to undertake. I see this as taking a few years. I like to start with just building the box, ie trunnion, top cover, bottom plate, RSP, Complete LSP, and back plate. Do any of you know of vendors that sell the parts for just a box? Ive got the RSP. No I need everything else!

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
...parts and pieces...

Might start looking on gunbroker.com and ebay,as most parts can be found there. Most expensive and difficult part to get is the trunion. If you have the patience,might wait until Knob Creek shoot in April. Anything you might want is always in good supply there....and at reasonable prices...usually....LOL. I've built most of my 19-M2HB's by searching for the parts this way. Or...call Christo's or TNW as both sell these parts too. Patience is a virtue when searching for M2HB parts....and can save you a lot of money as the reward.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might start looking on gunbroker.com and ebay,as most parts can be found there. Most expensive and difficult part to get is the trunion. If you have the patience,might wait until Knob Creek shoot in April. Anything you might want is always in good supply there....and at reasonable prices...usually....LOL. I've built most of my 19-M2HB's by searching for the parts this way. Or...call Christo's or TNW as both sell these parts too. Patience is a virtue when searching for M2HB parts....and can save you a lot of money as the reward.[/Q

Thanks man!!! Maybe Ill get one of you guys to grab me one :eek: Ill be at a job conference in April, Im transitioning out of the Corps.

·
12,493 Posts
I think the both Gryphos and Tnw offer box sets for the m2hb

There will be differences between them.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
In my opinion, from building lots of "box receiver" MGs, it is mandatory, especially if it is your first, to have major internals, topcover, barrel support and grip frame on hand to constantly fit into and onto the box as you assemble it. Mocking up the box with plates, top and bottom with well fitted screws in the rivet holes to see how it falls together and assess what needs to be done to insure accurate assembly. Screws with unthreaded shanks are best as substitute rivets for this purpose. The bolt heads will have to be worked so that when assembled from the inside out, they won't interfere with the assembly of lock frame and trigger frame. Trunnion cross pins can be duplicated with bolts. Assembly of grip frame and barrel to lock frame with barrel support added and assembly into the mocked up receiver will tell you a lot. Add on the topcover with latch and install the bolt and recoil spring, and you will know how accurate the assembly is and likely to be.
FWIW

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In my opinion, from building lots of "box receiver" MGs, it is mandatory, especially if it is your first, to have major internals, topcover, barrel support and grip frame on hand to constantly fit into and onto the box as you assemble it. Mocking up the box with plates, top and bottom with well fitted screws in the rivet holes to see how it falls together and assess what needs to be done to insure accurate assembly. Screws with unthreaded shanks are best as substitute rivets for this purpose. The bolt heads will have to be worked so that when assembled from the inside out, they won't interfere with the assembly of lock frame and trigger frame. Trunnion cross pins can be duplicated with bolts. Assembly of grip frame and barrel to lock frame with barrel support added and assembly into the mocked up receiver will tell you a lot. Add on the topcover with latch and install the bolt and recoil spring, and you will know how accurate the assembly is and likely to be.
FWIW
I just saw this good information and I agree. This is actually what I did for the 1919 and it worked perfectly!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts