1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reptile Lizard  Anole Gecko Scaled reptile taken with my "new" Panasonic FZ47 camera from about 5 feet away. KevinT

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spent a week in Bangor repairing one of our planes that had a bad landing. It was in January and my first exposure to real cold and SNOW! I would love to go back in the spring or fall and really see some things other than the hotel and the airport! KevinT

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Looks like a brown anole (also called Cuban anole) - not native. There's more introduced species of lizards in FL than native.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
" Aye, you can eat it, but they taste like $hit."
Well, close enough anyhow.:tongue:

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
lizards

It's been 20 years since my wife and I have moved back to the family home stead, in all those years I have never seen as many or as big lizards as I have this spring, and the gopher snakes are coming out,even saw a king snake the other day, I have never seen one of those down here!

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
It's been 20 years since my wife and I have moved back to the family home stead, in all those years I have never seen as many or as big lizards as I have this spring, and the gopher snakes are coming out,even saw a king snake the other day, I have never seen one of those down here!
Another sure proof of global warming. Algore told me so!

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
global warming

I keep hoping thats true,it would sure be nice to get some fruit on our trees here,and I would love to be able to get the pool temp high enough that I could get in before June!

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
We've had everything already bloom here from the trees and weeds to the flowering bulbs. That was in April. We got all the heat the East coast didn't this year.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
My favorite

You need to go to western Maine in the fall or Aroostook County during potato harvest. Stay away from the tourist sites if you want to see the real Maine.
Bangor area is nice but the coast line from Belfast north is better in my opinion.
Go down East to Lubec, or climb MT. Katahdin.
www.google.com/search?q=Katahdin&tb...mLuKHsQSY2YCwDw&ved=0CEMQ7Ak&biw=1440&bih=805
http://maineanencyclopedia.com/katahdin-iron-works/
Steamer
Should add my favorite in Machias visit Helen's Restaurant for a big plate of seafood and then finish with a slice of pie. Never mind the calories.
I tried multiple times last month to catch some of those little critters, either they are too quick or they just didn't want to move to Wisconsin.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
weather

That's the same thing that happened here, we were 80 in april so everything bloomed then two weeks later we had a morning low of 26, strange thing though, I was watching hummingbirds in the apple tree the other day and noticed there were blossom on the tree again, maybe a dozen or so, I've never seen a tree rebloom, so we might get a few apples, but over the last 20 years that we have been back we have only gotten one crop of apples!

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
It's very possible the blooms closed up when it got cold. Our bulbs and damndelions do that all the time. All these years, I never noticed that until the year before last.:confused: When the sun's too hot or at night, too cold they close up shop.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts