1919 A4 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
The barrel crushes on. Basically there is a mark on the receiver and a Mark on the barrel. They line up and then you are done. FYI it takes a lot of force to put on a new never installed barrel. It took me and my dad with a 10 foot cheater to put on a new barrel on my 1918a3 kit. I talked to OOW and they said don’t worry about the receiver it can handle the force. I guess it was the way OOW originally put barrels on.
They said an inexpensive, replaceable, modern made, semi auto receiver can handle the force. No one will say the same about an irreplaceable original BAR receiver.

·
Registered
284 Posts
They said an inexpensive, replaceable, modern made, semi auto receiver can handle the force. No one will say the same about an irreplaceable original BAR receiver.
Putting a barrel on original receiver is no easier. So what other options do you have?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Putting a barrel on original receiver is no easier. So what other options do you have?
That's the point. It's not an easy barrel swap. IMO, not worth the risk of damage to an original receiver. If you want a shooter BAR, buy a Group Industries. Weigh the odds of potential damage against how much the gun will actually be shot I guess.

·
Registered
284 Posts
That's the point. It's not an easy barrel swap. IMO, not worth the risk of damage to an original receiver. If you want a shooter BAR, buy a Group Industries. Weigh the odds of potential damage against how much the gun will actually be shot I guess.
I fully agree. I just wanted the op to know it isn’t something simple.

I honestly would have OOW do the barrel change. They built a special machine to do it.

Honestly I would keep that one and shoot it very little and buy one to beat up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Most likely I’d be putting on a used barrel if I ever did. I didn’t think it was THAT hard!
I’d be surprised if I put1k rounds through it a year.
Buy a second shooter group industries BAR?i doubt it. It was tough paying for the Marlin, really tough.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Pretty cool. The BAR is always floating just out of the price range I want to pay for one. I love the original WWI versions the most! I think its so much better standing than prone. I don't like the bipod.

I would rebarrel it without second thought and shoot it often!

·
Registered
22 Posts
So thats why I don't have my 1919A4 privleges yet. I've been a member for a while, just don't post that much. I built mine and posted it on another forum. I want to make a monitor clone. Heres a few picks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks toolmann203. I have to give credit to JoeH. He got me started in the right direction on this BAR. Its a steel back half and a cast arma steel front. The trigger guard was too nice to alter so I made a new one. The M1 FCG with my hammer and firing pin extension mimic OOWs patent. When I saw Hatricks barrel for sale in Featured Ads, I decided I wanted a Monitor clone. Maybe someone has a good pic or the dims for that massive compensator. The front wood is different too. Too many projects is never a bad thing.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
So thats why I don't have my 1919A4 privleges yet. I've been a member for a while, just don't post that much. I built mine and posted it on another forum. I want to make a monitor clone. Heres a few picks.

Very nice work and your one post away now (y)

·
Premium Member
7,378 Posts
Very nice work FNG3 I look forward to seeing the monitor when you get it complete. I had thought about doing one and had some parts but I just stuck with the WWI and WWII build

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. Now I have to search up some dimensions. Even a good scalable photo. Like from a high end auction. Might have to get another bolt link and bolt to headspace the new barrel, and a wood stock. The BAR was always a dream build for me, and I ponied up the cash when I found a nice kit. Now I can't believe I'm starting on a Monitor. I had another project started so I may not go off in this direction right away.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts