1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I worked on a hole in a plaster board wall on my knees for about an hour & half.......now I can hardly move. Knees & back killing me!!!! I thought Donna & I were going shooting today but didnt happen. Pains might go away with that....!!!

Yesterday we took her Fla. nephew & wife, 30 somethings, out to shoot. He has a newer Glock & a fresh Fla. CC. She has never shot anything at all. We took Donnas deer gun, 870 w/Hasting 20" barrel, Taurus M-62, .308 Garand & BRP STG 76. I had found a stick mag for the STG M-76 here. I thought it would be easier to load than the drum....was getting kinda late anyway, around 4pm.

Neph. started wife out on the Glock. I think I would have put her on the .22 rifle first...but ...didnt seem to make much difference, she took to it like a duck to water!!!! She even hit within a foot or so of some spray paint cans in the ravine, about 75ft.. Put wife on the STG next after some considerable coaching from Donna. She hit stuff with that even though I could only get 15 or so rnds in that single position mag. She & Donna then shot up about 150 Federal .22 hollow points, Donna killed a freon container w/870, neph commented about that so I put him on it.......after three he said ".......this is not recreational at all!!!!...." 870 has a Donna length stock, 12", so a full sized shooter has a tendency to smack himself in the face with the base of trigger hand thumb......and, no matter how many times you tell folks, they will not hold the gun tight to the cheek. Another thump.......

A memorable outing, none the less..........and another shooter on board. Weather supposed to be nice again tomorrow, mid 60's, we will better organize our effort for then.

PJH

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I here you about the knees and not being able to easily do stuff I did with ease just a few years ago. Now I have to hire it done. Breaks my heart as I am really cheap.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
aches and pains

My wife and I just tiled our kitchen and bathroom, she's a full time teacher and I'm old and broken so it took us 2 weeks,looks so much better but I'm just now feeling better,although I felt good enough to take my four daughters and my sister in law and her husband to the range yesterday, of course we had a great time, no better way to celebrate a holiday then blasting away 500 rounds of ammo, and I didn't even have one of the belt feds! I have an entire wall that is termite damaged to replace this summer,I just don't know if I can do it anymore!

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Getting old and creaky really sucks, but it sure still beats the only alternative.
Only four days into Christmas tree season, and I already feel like I was tackled and stomped by a monster.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
getting old

My wife always said she would never get a fake tree, but after 20 years of trying to keep a tree alive for just two weeks we gave up, she always wanted to put a tree up asap, but with a wood stove in the next room it's just too dangerous,so now we already have our tree up,which already paid for itself after the second year and I didn't have to go up on the mountain and track through the snow or deal with going to a lots and dragging it home,after paying $45 for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts