1919 A4 Forums banner

Karma Sear problem

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Armorer 
#1 ·
A while back I ordered and received a Karma semi-trigger sear combination. The trigger is the new wide version. The sear does not look anything like the one I previously received or the ones shown in pictures. It is roughly tomb stone shaped and has a large "K" on it. It has a hook on one end but does not have the forward protrusion on the bottom nor does it have any place for the trigger to engage the sear. It is also much wider than the previous sear. Did I get another Karma product by mistake?

I don't know how to post pictures but I can sent one as an attachment if anone thinks they can help. I would send this question to Karma but I don't have an Email address.

#2 ·
Did you get the sear from Karma directly? I am wondering if you got a .50 cal sear by mistake. I'd have to look at mine to remember what it looks like. Post a pic if you can.

#3 ·
I got it from Karma directly. In looking at pictures in the FM 23-65 on the .50 cal this thing does seem to resemble the .50 cal FA sear. I didn't know that Karma made a .50 cal semi-sear.

Unfortunately I didn't discover the sear was different until took it to the machinist and told him to do the same thing he did on the previous parts set, which I also had with me. When we started measuring stuff something was very wrong. Fortunately he is a friend of mine and we never would have got to the parts set anyway as we had other things to do tonight. I was embarassed as I had never looked at the sear before tonight and never even took it out of the package.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.