1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, fill in with 1919 kit prices, parts, pictures, and activities. Ammo up or down in price? AR lowers less than $50? Cool finds?

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
More pictures and prices to follow but I scored a beautiful 1940 dated dial sight for my Vickers gun off from Dolf and Allister's table. :thumbup:
Those guys are the best and always treat me right!!!! :thanks:
I did miss out on some really nice Radway 303 ammo, didn't expect it all to sell on Thursday. :jedicrying:
CaptMax

·
Registered
696 Posts
More pictures and prices to follow but I scored a beautiful 1940 dated dial sight for my Vickers gun off from Dolf and Allister's table. :thumbup:
I did miss out on some really nice Radway 303 ammo, didn't expect it all to sell on Thursday. :jedicrying:
CaptMax

Stunning piece!

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
I got my sight from Allister years ago. Not to pry but I'm wonder how much? If you want to PM I'll tell you what I paid (over paid?) in the day.

CaptMax

·
Registered
508 Posts
I did also last shoot but this time the same vendor was selling it for $285 per case. Passed on buying any.
Glad I have a good supply already. At that price I won't be buying any in the spring next year. Oh well that leaves a lot of dough for other things!:D

Steve

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
OldSoldier, You never pay too much, you just bought it too soon!!!! That is a quote from Russ "Toolman" and I seem to use it a lot these days.:eek:
I sent you a PM just before I saw this post of yours so I will send you another in regards to the sight very soon. These are never cheap and seeing as it is the earlier model with the brass dial I didn't feel it was too badly priced. He did knock off $350 from the price for me but I have bought quite a bit from him over the past few years. Very kind of him to do that.
CaptMax

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Alistair is one of the real pleasurable people to hang with at the Creek or SAR. It's always a hoot going out with him and Dolf for dinner after a long day at the Creek. The stories they tell will keep you laughing all evening, and Alistair does his level best to keep Dolf in line, lol. Rather an impossible task, but both these men are real treasures.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Matt's SKS was selling 54R for $375/case, but it was Czech heavy ball, which I will grant is unusual to see. $275 from Pat's was the best price I saw on 54R this time. I was hoping Century would be there with their new production that was selling for less than surplus last time, but they didn't make it this time.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Well no pictures yet as Lucky13 and I are still traveling but I was able to find a few unicorns so to speak. The first one I have been hunting for quite a while it is an early FN38 aircraft gun ammo box and I never thought I would find one in this country but alas I did and it will be headed to Jon Moran. He runs the Browningmgs.com site and is a wonderful asset to our hobby, Jon has sequentially numbered FN's and they are pictured on the home page. He had one and the correct mounts for the guns and as soon as I can reach him I have a feeling he will be more than happy about the news. Jon has not been to the creek in years because of his health and he told me I would never find one so I can't wait to tell him.
The other unicorn was an early MG34 Bakelite butt stock with the metal tips on it (another very hard to find beast) that one is going to our own Captmax and it was a very nice price I just wish he did not have to leave before seeing it and I am sorry to hear about the dog captmax that is always a very sad day and mine is right behind yours so I feel your pain brother.
I also picked up the normal stuff at very good prices like a complete 50 M2HB retracting group for 150.00, a couple M2 brass pintle bushings, 60mm black powder mortar cup, mg34 barrel and a bunch of other stuff for the guys who could not make it. I didn't really buy much for myself but I did get one of the best gifts ever 2 sets of wood 1917A1 walnut grips for the early back plates made by Dan Bartha. Big thank you to Tim aka 42rocker these mean more to me than you will ever know Tim and they will be put on the BA twins when they get built.
I miss Dan tremendously and the creek is not the same without him. I love going more as a social thing and as lucky13 mentioned I always love the dinners with Dolf, Alistair and Dale and of course Autofire and his wife, lucky13 and fastmonkey on Friday nights. Saturday Lucky and I had dinner with Christos and it is good to have him back in the mix, he has missed too many creeks but things are turning around and he will be back in the game full swing again. It is always a pleasure to see the board members here as well but the count was light this fall and the time goes to quickly and to ABCB I am sorry for showing you that kit, funny how quick 2k goes huh? :evil: Thanks again for the gift and Thanks to Amishbob for helping me find one of my unicorns. Great to see everyone again it just seems to go way too fast. Travel home safe, Russ

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
And I missed out on the Y meet AGAIN! (I was dropping off a box of DSA reloaded 50bmg. 1.66/round)

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
The other unicorn was an early MG34 Bakelite butt stock with the metal tips on it (another very hard to find beast) that one is going to our own Captmax and it was a very nice price I just wish he did not have to leave before seeing it and I am sorry to hear about the dog captmax that is always a very sad day and mine is right behind yours so I feel your pain brother.
Russ, Your the man!!!:urtheman:
Yes, getting word that our 16 year old dog needed to be put down really out a damper on my weekend. That is a good long life for any dog regardless of the breed.
I was really looking forward to joining you and Lucky#13 for dinner at the steakhouse but that will have to wait until April now. I was able to see most everyone there although I did miss seeing Gordie there as well as Dave from Sarco. It was also nice to meet "Fastmonkey" there and good to put a face with the name. I will be in touch toolmanm203 and "Thank-you" again for thinking of me when you found that MG34 butt stock, you know I will make it worth your while. :thumbup:
Safe travels brother and see you in the spring!!!
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
The only person I ran into from this forum was magnet69.

Wasn't looking for much, spent most of my time minding the tables. I did visit with Dale, Dolf and Alistair a bit.

Only items I was looking for were some small pieces to complete a Russian Maxim gunners kit, found those along with an unissued 1945 cloth Maxim belt. I was tempted to buy another Sokolov mount and storage box but the logistics of getting that to my truck convinced me I didn't need it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts