1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all, so I have my parts kit, now just waiting for a few things to sell to raise the funds for the semi machining and RSP. I love the original finish on the parts kit. Id hate to lose it by re-parking the entire thing. Anyone have an idea on how I could go about assembling this with out having to repark the entire weapon? First I thought id just park the RSP and assemble, than it dawned on me that duh ill have to grind down rivets, wrecking the park. Ideas?????

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
The RSP will come in the white and needs some kind of protection. (Park, blue, spray paint). In my honest opinion, its going to look like a total bubba build unless you park it. You may want to try parking just the RSP, you could hit the rivets with cold blue afterwards....but its really going to look like a garage built, bubba gun mess.

Your other option is to degrease the gun, sandblast just the RSP and leave the rest. That way you will gut some parkerizing but still keep a somewhat mismatched, uneven park job with some spots of heavy wear. If you do your own parkerizing, this is real easy because most home parkerizing solutions dont get as deep as a pro shop and you can 'wipe off' some of it as soon as it comes out of the tank for a more weathered look.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The RSP will come in the white and needs some kind of protection. (Park, blue, spray paint). In my honest opinion, its going to look like a total bubba build unless you park it. You may want to try parking just the RSP, you could hit the rivets with cold blue afterwards....but its really going to look like a garage built, bubba gun mess.

Your other option is to degrease the gun, sandblast just the RSP and leave the rest. That way you will gut some parkerizing but still keep a somewhat mismatched, uneven park job with some spots of heavy wear. If you do your own parkerizing, this is real easy because most home parkerizing solutions dont get as deep as a pro shop and you can 'wipe off' some of it as soon as it comes out of the tank for a more weathered look.
Yeah thats what I was thinking :/

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
You can always parkerize the whole works later on if your not happy with it.
If the original bluing looks good why not try and save it?
CaptMax

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can always parkerize the whole works later on if your not happy with it.
If the original bluing looks good why not try and save it?
CaptMax
This is what Im going to try to do. Ill have my rivets and RSP parked and then Ill assemble. If all the grinding messes with the park well then there is my answer. But Im going to try!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts