1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
If it doesn't happen your not out anything but if it does you can say you were part of helping Dolfs probably last and definitely one of his best books get published.
Dolf is the only reason that gives me pause from chucking the whole deal.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Agree with kirby. Im in this for dolf.

Reactions: CaptMax

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Agree with kirby. Im in this for dolf.
Based on Jmann's well written post I went ahead and pledged on the Kickstarter page but if Chipotle Publishing screws us over on this using Dolf's name to do it their name will be mud for years to come. It isn't that well thought of as it stands now.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I want to see the excuses removed and the truth made clear.

Reactions: GBYENKO

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Like you guys I will do anything to help Dolf and I was in on the preorder of the book some time ago. I am glad this is moving forward but not thrilled at how Dan is doing this but if it gets the books printed so be it. The part that stinks is that Dolf has an order for 500 of those books so this will eat into what he can sell and he has to pay for his books. He got nothing at all for doing all the work on the new Vickers book, not on penny so I prefer to buy my books from him for that reason.

Reactions: CaptMax and redroth

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Thanks for adding that insight. My gut was and is telling me that though Dolf did the majority of work, he was being push out of all of the decision making. I am on the fence for how I want to proceed as I struggle with the ways this has been handled and that last thing I want to do is take businesss away from Dolf. At this point I going to sit back and wait for my copy from Dolf. Hopefully they don’t try and delay his book delivery compared to the Kickstarter ones. It would be a good time for Chipotle printing to start trying to turn there image around.

·
Watercooled Addict
2,108 Posts
I get it that Dolf gets paid in books that he sells himself. This is how quite a few of his book deals have been if I recall correctly. If this happens I will still buy a couple from him, but if it doesn’t happen then he isn't getting paid at all. So as I said earlier, my contribution to the kickstarter is so the book can get printed. Actually Dolf probably owes me for all the money I have spent on this hobby due in no small part to all of his great books!

Reactions: toolmanm203

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
I get it that Dolf gets paid in books that he sells himself. This is how quite a few of his book deals have been if I recall correctly. If this happens I will still buy a couple from him, but if it doesn’t happen then he isn't getting paid at all. So as I said earlier, my contribution to the kickstarter is so the book can get printed. Actually Dolf probably owes me for all the money I have spent on this hobby due in no small part to all of his great books!
Well put Jmann but sadly Dolf does NOT get paid in books nor did he get paid so much as a dime for all the time he spent on this. I can buy them in bulk at the same price as he can and I will still buy them from Dolf. If this is what it takes to get the thing printed then so be it because I know Dolf just wants to see it done as he was promised by Dan . I am watching the kickstarter thing and it looks like they will hit the target amount by the date but I will still jump in if that is what it takes to make it happen so we can all get the book and more importantly Dolf will get to sell them at the creek.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I usually don't chime in on things like this but, the way I look at it, whatever the politics or personal issues may be of this I don't really care. What has happened in the past cannot be changed. Lets move forward. There are assurances through Kickstarter and from Dolf. I'm in at the max level if that's what it takes to get this done, I consider it a good investment and I'll still buy a couple of books from Dolf.

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Agreed and lets hope this gets done by the creek. Dolf called me last night and is excited that it may FINALLY be going to print so we just need the fall creek to be a go and we will be in business.

Reactions: CaptMax and Rory

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Thanks for sharing that Richard I think I found some new tools that I need. Glad to see you are getting some of that stuff identified.

Reactions: GBYENKO
21 - 40 of 73 Posts