1919 A4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Don't thank me, it was Dan Shea and his friend that did all the research to identify all the tools (Vickers and Lee-Enfield)
APEX bought all that material many years ago along with a lot of BREN gun and tripod parts.
I was slow to list it because I only had limited info.
Even my list of Vickers gauges (by SM number) was of limited use as it doesn't explain where and how the gauge was used!
It made for a fun video!

Richard

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
I'm with toolman203, thanks Richard order for vickers tools going in today.
Yes I would have missed this with the hours I am doing these days but just ordered mine as well. Who doesn't need tools especially tools like these that rarely come up.

Reactions: GBYENKO

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Yup, going to put all the ones I have up for sale also....
Do tell :p let me know because I still need some Vickers stuff and it seems Mr. Maim is beating me to all the good stuff these days.

Reactions: GBYENKO

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Well it looks like I will have to send Angus to pay him a visit and make him an offer he can't refuse lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Glad to see the book is finally coming to fruition. I'll bet Dolf is relieved to see this.
To say the least yes he is but with the creek being cancelled and probably the SAR show he is worried but I told him a few nights ago I will fly down for a week and help him by packing and shipping for him so we will keep you updated when he actually has them in hand and is ready to ship them. I am sure he will send out a group mailing when the time comes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
To say the least yes he is but with the creek being cancelled and probably the SAR show he is worried but I told him a few nights ago I will fly down for a week and help him by packing and shipping for him so we will keep you updated when he actually has them in hand and is ready to ship them. I am sure he will send out a group mailing when the time comes.
It is a shame for him as Creek would have been a good place to sell books separate from the ones that were purchased prior.

I am excited they met their Kickstarter goal but personally decided I am going to just wait on my book from Dolf. No point in spending more money for additional copies at this point.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Well, the Kickstarter thing has ended, they have charged my card, now all there is to do is sit back and wait to see if they actually get around to printing the books.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
YOU SHUSH NOW, YOU HEAR?!?!?!? :mad:

;)

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Sorry brother but they are a hot spot at the moment and Dolf's daughters will kick my A__ at the very least if I take him there unless things improve greatly in the next few months. I have spoken with Dolf and told him I will fly down or drive to his place and be his pack and ship biotch for a week or so to get the books out once they ae printed but this will take some planning obviously. Most guys will want them signed by him anyways but when we get to that point I will obviously post about it here.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Is Dolf allowed to sell books at SAR West?
As much as I’m using SAR West as the light at the end of the tunnel, it’s not looking promising particularly with the numbers climbing.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Is Dolf allowed to sell books at SAR West?
As much as I’m using SAR West as the light at the end of the tunnel, it’s not looking promising particularly with the numbers climbing.
Yes of course Dolf is allowed to sell his books there but unless things improve greatly I doubt he will go. I will post here when he has the books in hand because I know most guys want them signed by him so it should be interesting to try and coordinate shipping a few hundred books in a one to two week schedule but I think it can be done. It will be interesting to see how fast this gets published.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts