1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took one of my 1919a4's out this past weekend and had trouble with the trigger. Then ran fine for a while but after about 200 rounds when the trigger was pulled The gun did not fire. I disassembled and found a small spring and an allen head screw in the bottom of the gun. Does anyone know the assembly order of these parts? does the spring slide into the groove 1st then assembled or is it assembled first slide the spring in then insert the Allen head screw whereby the Allen head screw touches the spring.

Thoughts on using blue Loctite on this Allen head screw? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436798428.818586.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436798437.867129.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
if I recall correctly, the spring holds the sear forward thus the spring would go next to the allen screw. if in doubt, call KMP, they will help. BTW, if using locktite, would not recommend red. I would use blue.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just verified that the spring does go next to the allen head screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Never had a problem with any of mine.....although I clean and inspect everything after each outing. I do adjust the screw from time to time.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Adding some blue Loctite to the set screw should stop it from working it's way loose in the future. Just make sure you degrease both the internal and external threads before applying the Loctite. Don't use too much, since you don't want it to drip into the sliding part of the trigger and lock it up. DO NOT use the red Loctite.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had one come out and lost the spring. Called KMP and they mailed me another one ASAP. I clear an area out in the barrel extension so it doesn't hit that part of the trigger. Never had any more trouble after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts