1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys let's see your stuff! I did not get to shop except for a little on Thursday morning but Fastmonkey, Greaser and Aboming helped me spend my money. I got some ammo, 50 BMG, 303 and 6.5 Carcano as well as a great price on a case of South African 308. I found a great spare parts chest with lots of goodies in it from Dave at SARCO (thanks again Dave, you rock), a beautiful box to hold 4 Lewis drum mags from Amishbob, a Remington and Westy marked pintle pad thanks to fastmonkey, some WWI and WWII water cooled top covers thanks to Greaser, a couple of stocks for the MACS, some 22 trainer stuff, some ordnance tools, a mint condition M1A1 ammo box from a friend, a Cetme bayonet from Captmax and a few other odds and ends like feed arms and ANM2 parts. I am sure there is some stuff I am forgetting but I just got home late last night.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I had a small shopping list & since getting in on Thursday was impossible, Friday shopping finds were not worth mentioning. Just being there was worth it as I have never in 15 years seen so many people & hours long traffic lines, not to mention having the cops shut down people from coming into the show as the place was packed.

·
12,607 Posts
A complete M2hb bolt and a small bag of jerky were the only items that too. My dollars

@toolmanm203 hit me with some Portative feed strips

and @greaser, always proving to be one hell of a guy, hit me with an ice cold can of fizzy water.

Good to see everyone

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Ok, I will be the first to post a picture, since writing is boring! :p

Here is my Haul. It is just about 100lbs of MG parts, which would have been perfect for my 2 free checked bags on Southwest before they cancelled my flight Sunday morning and reschedule for Tuesday at lunch! Lucky for me, I knew some guys driving the 10hr trip who had a spare seat!

I got a bunch of good deals, Greg from Alleghany, Toolman, US Armament, DSA, CMMG just to name a few. Most to keep but some will certainly get sold to help pay for the trip!

Ok the list, that might not be obvious:
CMMG Radial Delayed upper 9mm. (needed the pmags for the mean 9mm conversion for this)
Spare PKM parts stuck (bagged) in the PKM tripod.
All Mag58 Barrels are Rhodesian marked.
Wood Font Machine Art Metal

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks like you had a big back pack to fit all of that in!

I bought a lot magazines and random trinkets. Got some 1919 parts. The NOS Izzy A4 barrel I got from Russ is really nice for the price paid! Largest single item I bought was a M113 ACAV weapon shield for a 1919 or M60. I plan to put it on the gun pedestal on my M38A1. Not something that is period correct, but it should look badass. Luckily that was something I spotted for sale in the campground and it could be delivered to the back of my vehicle via mule.

·
Registered
756 Posts
We scored Around 1200-1500 pounds of goodies including ZB37 kits with the good tripods, cases of 8mm for 50 cents a round or under, pkm pod for $200, MG3 pod brand new for $550, a bunch of the hand held signal flares, T shirts, UK59 pod from apex and a bunch more stuff!

Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Ok, I will be the first to post a picture, since writing is boring! :p

Here is my Haul. It is just about 100lbs of MG parts, which would have been perfect for my 2 free checked bags on Southwest before they cancelled my flight Sunday morning and reschedule for Tuesday at lunch! Lucky for me, I knew some guys driving the 10hr trip who had a spare seat!

I got a bunch of good deals, Greg from Alleghany, Toolman, US Armament, DSA, CMMG just to name a few. Most to keep but some will certainly get sold to help pay for the trip!

Ok the list, that might not be obvious:
CMMG Radial Delayed upper 9mm. (needed the pmags for the mean 9mm conversion for this)
Spare PKM parts stuck (bagged) in the PKM tripod.
All Mag58 Barrels are Rhodesian marked.
View attachment 108710
good thing I got my mag58 barrel on Thursday, went back to several places on Sunday to grab more and they were all gone! Now I know where they all went! Glad the mag58 50rd drum showed up late and you didn’t see it.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I wasn't in a shopping mood, stayed behind our tables except for the occasional pee break. It was returning from one of those I bought a M14 stock with hardware, two M14 magazines and a cloth Russian Maxim belt. Not much but it was all I found that interested me.

Probably could have found much more if I had been in my usual search mode but I was more interested in selling than buying this trip plus the crowd really took the fun out of for me. I always seem to do better at the Show of Shows for the type items I am looking for.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I came mostly to sell and got rid of most of the big stuff except a lafette and mg3 tripod. I bought a Bren bolt and carrier and a few spare parts for the 1919.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Looks like you had a big back pack to fit all of that in!...
When I left I had three suit cases packed inside each other. Then I had two filled with just under 50lbs each and one carry on with personal items. Worked perfectly... if they flight did not get cancelled!

...., pkm pod for $200, .....
Man, was it complete and from whom? Thats a hell of a deal! I got mine for $300 and I thought that was a very good price.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Snagged a lewis bipod, because my original Savage is god awful too large, a couple turk maxim belts, mg08 lock for decent price, vickers rebound checks with weights, dshk 38 hard to find bits, and other misc parts I've been needing. Best was getting to talk to a few peeps I've known for awhile and few new ones and swap stories/ gossip.

Need to find a new venue, perhaps SAR west for the first time if it doesn't conflict with deer season.

·
Registered
718 Posts
M2 bullets from Russ, 2000 Izzy links to bring back, 1000 rounds clean 06 tracer for 500.
I couldn’t get into the poll barn it was so packed Friday and barely alive Saturday. The two items I wanted were big ticket and large in size, didn’t bring the cash and couldn’t cover it at the show and not enough space to bring the Breda kit crate back, but my biggest regret was not being able to barrrow enough cash to cover Troy’s sweet ZB37. That hurt.
The best gift I got was driving in Friday from Shepherdsville around a downwards curve going 45 slid out almost smashed a dear standing in the road. They almost would have had to shut the road down even earlier to get the hurst to pick us up. I slipped past the devils trap to be able to hear the proliffic surrmon the preacher gave on Saturday which was point on. See it how you will but God wanted us on the line shooting machine guns.

·
Registered
319 Posts
We were there 4 days Got to see ALOT of stuff. Like a auto wreck out on 44 just before you pull in to KRC, A small flight while he was shooting a MAG58 on the main line, Took a ride in the huey 369 on Sat. and lots of long lines for food and to get in.
Picked up some 30.06 and 50bmg ammo, M35 tripod and 2 1919 kits
All-in-all a good time.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
good thing I got my mag58 barrel on Thursday, went back to several places on Sunday to grab more and they were all gone! Now I know where they all went! Glad the mag58 50rd drum showed up late and you didn’t see it.
I got my barrels on the way out on Saturday afternoon. I left them with Jmann so I did not have to carry them around with me all night (Thanks Jmann!)

I bought them from DSA... All Rhodesian Marked! I had not planned to buy any but I looked down and saw a speck of that baby crap paint and asked how much... Ended up paying $1k for all 5 barrels. Good bores. Last one I got I paid, $550 shipped for it, so I thought it was a great deal! I really wanted to shoot their Cetme Ameli.

The drum is cool but frankly I am only looking for Rhodesian parts and inexpensive accessories. The M240 bag was $20.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I found a few goodies, mostly from my two friends at our table. That $200 PKM tripod came from our table, he always prices his stuff cheap so he doesn’t have to drag it home. My best score was an aluminum head M2 Browning tripod which is British post war for a Ferret AFV. I picked up two Azimuth brass rings for the Vickers, both British & Turkish if anybody needs one they are surplus to me. Picked up my semiauto Bren from a buddy who helped me with it, a big “Thank you” to them (you know who you are). Bought some misc belts for the Maxim/Vickers and drums & recoil springs for the Ppsh41. Had to leave early Friday (due to Saturday commitments)but by then the crowd had grown beyond proportion making any shopping too difficult. Glad I got to talk to most everyone and regret not saying goodbye to all. Hopefully the show will continue minus the shoot. This was definitely a show to remember.
CaptMax
Ps. Here’s my $5 score, a cool postwar plaque or desk ornament from the 6th Army.
Wood Font Gas Rectangle Paint
Wood Font Gas Rectangle Paint

1 - 20 of 53 Posts