1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is easy to get creek fever while there since the show is fast paced and busy but I was wondering how many here have actually lost things at the creek? Thursday I was at SARCO's table and set my coffee down while digging and forgot it which is sacrilege in my world because I just will not touch the creek coffee. Over the years I bet most here have left something on someone's table while digging and by the time you realize it it is hell trying to backtrack and figure out where exactly you left it. I usually have members leave stuff in my truck so they don't have to carry it around the show but everyone generally comes back for the stuff but I know some guys here have done this so let's hear your story.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
You guys need a Donna. She never forgets anything. When she could walk the shows, she would take everything I bought or had in my hand and put it in a WW 2 walkie-talkie bag she carried. Needless to say, she always carried the bankroll too...... Bought a Krieghoff Luger from a guy in the aisle at OGCA, she promptly took it away from me......!!!????

PJH

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
..... but I was wondering how many here have actually lost things at the creek? ....
I accidently lost several hundred dollars at your tables. I figured you would just have mostly 1919a4 stuff but instead you had some Maxim stuff and I misplaced several hundred dollar bills into your hands. If you could please send them back, I would be mighty appreciative. :p

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
In relation the the above post, me and Donna looked at the Predator mini-gun when Dan Shea had it for sale at KCR. I bought a movie gun or maybe even two from him.... cant remember if it was there or not. Anyway, we walked away from the mini-gun. About three tables down the line, she decided we need to go back and buy it. OK. When we got back, less than 3-4 minutes, another guy was completing the deal on it......happens when you hesitate. Sure like to have that opportunity back..!!!!!!!

PJH

·
Registered
153 Posts
In relation the the above post, me and Donna looked at the Predator mini-gun when Dan Shea had it for sale at KCR. I bought a movie gun or maybe even two from him.... cant remember if it was there or not. Anyway, we walked away from the mini-gun. About three tables down the line, she decided we need to go back and buy it. OK. When we got back, less than 3-4 minutes, another guy was completing the deal on it......happens when you hesitate. Sure like to have that opportunity back..!!!!!!!

PJH

I remember seeing it there. Pretty neat

·
Registered
607 Posts
Not so much lost items. But I have been known to talk to people for extended periods at the creek and cannot remember who I am talking to..:unsure:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Years ago, when we were first at Knob Creek and sharing a booth, we had a gent drop his envelope of cash on the floor.
I was one of the witnesses as we opened it, and discovered it was funds from a Police Dept. for buying things they needed at the show!
We had the event organizers put out a call over the PA system for the "buyer from XXXXX township PD please report to ..."
Sure enough the gent came up to the office and was VERY happy to get that envelope back!

Another time a friend found a fanny pack of cash in a port-a-john.
Again I was a witness to the opening and we found the owners business card inside, it was a vendor at the show!
He seemed less grateful for the return as he was angry at the person who left it in the port-a-john.

Not at Knob Creek but I once found a Stetson on my gun show tables.
I knew that person would return for it, and treated it with care until I saw the gent walk up with that "look" of near panic!
He was VERY HAPPY to get his Stetson back and that I had covered it and stored it rather than tossing it under the table.

Richard

·
Registered
264 Posts
Talking missing deal. My mind is aways blow away how anytime I decide to go back for something, some is buying it right in front of me. This happened twice at creek both items were not high on my list but item I decide I’ll go grab. What are the chances!! One thing for an item to sell while not there but to sell in front of you after most of the day! Crazy!
Yes I know and if I want it I buy it right there. I don’t walk away!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I still can’t find my pocket knife. Not sure where it ended up. It was a cheap one at least.

On Saturday at the show I walked up to a table looking at a mount piece, as I was mulling over the price a guy on the other side of the table asked for the same exact item and said he would buy everyone he could find. Well that sealed the purchase for me. Crazy how that coincidence happened.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I lose and find pocket knives weekly. That's why I mainly carry cheapo $5 Walmart knives and my nice ones are usually stashed away or on my kit. Having an electric belt sharpener makes quality knives a lot less important because it's easy to touch it up.

As far as KCR, I thought I lost a couple hundred bucks until I went and added up all my purchases lol.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Shea was asking $115.....or close. Wanted me to trade him several guns for it rather than an outright sale. The buyer reportedly sold the same gun some time later for $250.

PJH

·
Registered
153 Posts
Shea was asking $115.....or close. Wanted me to trade him several guns for it rather than an outright sale. The buyer reportedly sold the same gun some time later for $250.

PJH
I believe it. I think each time I saw the gun it was priced differently. 175, 215, 250...

Not sure how many times it has sold.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts