1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday at the 'Y' produced the attached photo. There was a mixture of 1919 guys and WG guys and gal. Thanks to Richard (BCPLLC) for taking it once again.
That's me sitting to the right of Len (L999).
Jeans Smile Tree T-shirt Leisure

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sundance, it was nice meeting you in person, as well as all the others. A lot of members are on both sites, or will be at some point. So combined picture simplified things.

I'm in front, second from left with white shirt.

Saturday at the 'Y' produced the attached photo. There was a mixture of 1919 guys and WG guys and gal. Thanks to Richard (BCPLLC) for taking it once again.
That's me sitting to the right of Len (L999).
View attachment 108741

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Pleasure to meet some of my customers face-to-face...maybe for the last time. Just hope we can arrange something like KC in the future.
Yeah...told several times I was over-dressed in a suit coat....LOL..

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Pleasure to meet some of my customers face-to-face...maybe for the last time. Just hope we can arrange something like KC in the future.
Nooooooo, the other guys were just slobs in jeans and tee shirts.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was truly humbled. It takes a serious amount of determination to walk around a muddy venue, in 80+degrees with jacket and dress shoes. Hats off to you sir. Glad to meet you.
Sorry you had to rub elbows with all us slobs. Lol

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
I am sorry I never made the Y guys but I was at least three people deep the entire show start to finish. At least most of the members came by and made an introduction at the tables I just wish I had more time to chat with everyone but the show is always too short.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Wish I could have broken away from my tables. Someone needs to post an old photo from way back when we would meet regularly at the Y Like 200x something

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Great, Richard! They are nice young men. Somehow they look better than us 50+ YO did each morning.

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
I know both Jesse and James had been there before but it must have been a bit of a shock for Josh being his first one. I sent Jesse home with a box and he seemed pleased. They did a great job at the show but both you and Jeff were missed Richard.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I know both Jesse and James had been there before but it must have been a bit of a shock for Josh being his first one. I sent Jesse home with a box and he seemed pleased. They did a great job at the show but both you and Jeff were missed Richard.
Josh has done Red Oktober, but never a Knob Creek.
Jesse and James were happy to return, but really tired when they got home.
Jeff is still away on travel and I am spending a lot of time with the expansion into Wh2 & WH3.
Winter is bearing down on us, Pikes Peak was covered yesterday and one ski area opens this weekend.
Lots to get done!

Richard

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I had to look up this Red Oktober, sounds like a cool event. To celebrate the best assault rifle ever invented by German engineers.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
First time making it to the greet in tan shirt was nice to put a few names to faces. Couldn’t stay long had to work my way back on spot 7 Richard’s video I’m in there. The video doesn’t show how packed the crowds were but 2.5 times the normal density. I’ve heard 25,000 were there and a normal was 10k.
I haven’t heard any comparisons to it but it did turn into a mini Woodstock over running the show provisions and town roads.
Once we pulled out for the night usually around 1030 -11 we would get back to Shepherdsville there were no restaurants open. We’d usually go to waffle house but they only were serving three tables at a time and had to wait 35 minutes to get a table. Saw member and shooter Novacanter in desperation waiting for a table as we were leaving, he was giving up. Outside cursing isn’t there anywhere in this dam town to get meal, I’ve had a bag of freitoes and a bottle of water only thing I was able to get today and I refuse to go to mcdonalds drive thru. The same problem we were in, I think he turned around and continued waiting. At these hours shooters usually had at least two choices, Denys 24hr which NOW closes at 8PM and Waffflehouse which was running half staff and could only serve three tables. I guess covid19 has most to do with everything being limited but there was NO effort by the businesses in Shepherdsville to accommodate the biggest event that sleepy little town has going for it. Chamber of Commerce must be on permanent vacation. Shepardville does twice the business with Knob Creek than with the Kentucky Derby event. Most every business had help wanted signs posted. I guess no body wants to work anymore or they make more with Biden’s free money programs they can write off as losses.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts