1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be getting 850 rounds of surplus Korean 3006 M2 Ball head stamped KA and although I know it is corrosive is there any other issues with this ammo. I heard PS head stamped stuff has caused some kabooms in the past but anything bad with the KA stuff ? Thanks

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I've shot a lot of that ammo, runs great. I don't think its corrosive but I would treat it that way anyhow, its Korean.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
I had good luck with it, but was told it is "mildly" corrosive and so treated it as such. Just go shoot it all the same day, then you don't have to worry about the cleaning but for one time! :D

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Lucky#13 SEZ: ".... was told it is "mildly" corrosive ...."

That's like being a little bit pregnant, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
Picked up 1066 rounds of KA 57` for $100 still bright and shiny :wow: ,i did tell the seller what it was worth and he asked for $200 but when i went to pay for it, all he wanted $100 :cool::cool::cool::tongue: !

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Picked up 1066 rounds of KA 57` for $100 still bright and shiny :wow: ,i did tell the seller what it was worth and he asked for $200 but when i went to pay for it, all he wanted $100 :cool::cool::cool::tongue: !
Yeah, in 1991 maybe. :tongue:

Seriously, if this was recently then I really think you may have gotten the best deal on ammo...ever.....

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Recently got some KA thanks to a good friend here. I wanted to know if it was corrosive and found a thread where a guy actually tested all sorts of 3006 and reported on findings. His results said it wasn't at all corrosive. I can't take the time to find it again right now (sorry, gotta get back to work).

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Lucky#13 SEZ: ".... was told it is "mildly" corrosive ...."

That's like being a little bit pregnant, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Carry On!
Gary
><>
I suppose, but that's why I used the quote marks. Just repeating the word I was given. But seriously, I have seen much variation in how fast different corrosive surplus ammo will take to start rusting things. Some can do it overnight, some did nothing for days, or even weeks. But when knowingly shooting corrosive stuff, I always kept a spry bottle of pure ammonia and hit everything exposed after a day of shooting. Then, I didn't have to feel like cleaning was so urgent that night or the next day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts