1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won a Yugo 98 from a Gunbroker sale last week. JG sales was selling it. The gun was advertised as having a rusted bore, missing 1 part, broken firing pin and a small crack in the stock near the wrist.** NO RETURNS** I received the gun today and everything was as described. However....the stock was cracked 80% at the wrist and was hanging on by a splinter. I was a bit pissed, and expecting the worst, I called J&G. (I wasnt looking to complain, just to see if they would offer me a discount on a replacement) Once they realized I wasnt going to be a jerk (I fully understood the no refund policy) they offered to send me a replacement, free. +1 for J&G

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Was likely the UPS man that helped it get to 80%.
Too bad you couldn't order some 80% receivers and have UPS deliver them at 100%. :rofl:
Kudos to J&G, I have never heard anything bad about them and it's good they treated you the right way.
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Have purchased from J&G for years. Their prices are not always the best, but their service is second to none in my book. First started shopping there about twenty years ago on my first trip to Gunsite and kept going back. After retirement I went to the gunsmith school at Yavapai College in Prescott so was in and out of J&G's storefront every couple of weeks for the whole two years. I just wish I had purchased a dozen more of the Yugo Mausers from J&G when they were first available at $110.00, each. They make a great starting point for custom rifles and I'm down to my last one. :(

I did have enough brains to seriously stock up on Russian light ball 7.62x54R when it first showed up there, so I guess it all evens out. :D

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
It's been years, but I have been to J&G a couple of times when driving through AZ. Always took good care of me.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Always had great results ~

Over the past 15 or so years, I've purchased ammo and firearms from J&G and have always had a great shopping experience. Everything was exactly as stated and delivery was always on time. I've never had to use the customer service end, but it sounds like it's as good as all my other experiences with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts