1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Let the lawsuits begin. Eventually, state preemption laws either mean something or they don't. The CA courts are fairly useless for this sort of thing, sadly. Too many left wing legislators masquerading as Judges on the bench. Glad I am 4 years out of L.A., but even I have to drive through sometimes. Gonna have to try to not so much as eat at a restaurant or stay in a hotel in the city limits. Not hard to avoid, fortunately.

I am with the idea, however, of no exemptions for retired law enforcement. In fact, I am in favor of no exemption for active law enforcement. Since this will magically remove all hi cap mags from the hands of gangbangers and other criminals, I favor an amendment that requires a return to six-shot revolvers for all law enforcement in the city.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Unfortunately, being out here in CA (KA) I am well versed in this matters and as part of the Cal.Guns community, we are on the "front lines". This is not the first, and sadly, not the last such city ban of high cap mags etc. They have been challenged in court, and we have lost every time. While State law does take precedence over local law, just as Federal Law takes precedence over (most) State law, the Cities and States are fee to pass MORE restrictive laws so long as they are not at odds with the higher State or Fed. law. That's why States like CA, NY, NJ, HI, etc. etc. can get away with banning assault weapons, or mags with more than 10 rounds. They can have MORE restrictive laws than the Fed. Similarly, local counties/cities can have MORE restrictive laws than the State.

·
Registered
57 Posts
More bans come from educated/ignorant people in high places, its seems were so smart, but history just keeps on repeating itself. I totally understand why the everyone is leaving CA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts