1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for everyone or anyone. Is there any known issue with spraying the belts with a bit of silicone lubricant? I’m trying to get some feeding issues resolved. Old stock tight belts. Most work great. Just fighting with a couple of them.

Thanks.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,231 Posts
No experience with them but i would say car wax the rounds load the belt , wet it and let dry in the noon day sun then shoot .............

·
Registered
320 Posts
In my experience the best bet is just to load them up and let them sit for a while or use them a few times with a waxed bullet. Loading them with WMR will also stretch them out just a little more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sprayed down a little scrap piece. Much less resistance. The slightest tug and the bullets slip right out. That seems great but the entire belt is slick to the point Im worried it might not advance.

I did run knitting needles through all the pockets. Have done it on all of them. Works great. This belt however was much tighter than any of the others.

Well since its raining I think i will just pull the firing pin and hand cycle the tight belt through. Load, unload, repeat.

Thanks for the input gentleman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts