1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slightly whiskeyed-up and have a question. If we as a nation were founded on individual freedoms, where/when exactly did it go? I'm no fool and live in a very large metropolitan area so I know why big cities suck it. Its mind boggling to me that anyone would allow anyone else to tell them how it is. Are we that lazy now? My state is under attack by foreigners and people who are chasing a job. Both are equally unwelcome. The government and the media like to poke fun at this place but I like it. Or rather, liked it. What the F88K happened to being loyal to yourself and your home? I have been made to feel shame for being a native of my homestead. Please let me be the first to give you a map to get the **** out. I have been raised to do for myself and my family and cannot fathom the vitriol available on the TV and internet. What the hell happened? We don't need a new foreign enemy, they are in our neighborhood. I already live where everyone wants to escape to and it already sucks! I don't care what you do!!!! Bone your same sex lover, pray to a loaf of bread, eat food that comes out of a rock, whatever. Just leave me alone. J

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't post stuff when drunk ;)

·
Premium Member
6,026 Posts
Certainly odd times we live in my friend nobody seems to care enough to make a stand but everyone is more than happy to ***** about it and hold thy hand out :rolleyes: I always believed in the basic human element but have lost hope for most that share our space these days.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Name choices for round two?

Round one, allegedly over slavery which was dying of its own dark hand, can also be credited to a refusal to pay taxes to Washington leading up to Fort Sumter.

War Between the States
First Civil War
Recent Unpleasantries between the States
Yankee War of Aggression
Lincoln's War

Fraser might be just a bit intoxicated, but how much more will it take before some say enough and op to break away? Part of the interesting history of Texas is they joined the Union for the purpose of gaining Federal troops in their war with Mexico. Now fast forward to Jefferson Davis imprisoned but NEVER prosecuted for treason because? The Constitution allows for states to leave the Union. Therefore President of the Confederate States, yes but guilty of treason no. In doubt? Research and read for yourself.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Round one, allegedly over slavery which was dying of its own dark hand, can also be credited to a refusal to pay taxes to Washington leading up to Fort Sumter.

War Between the States
First Civil War
Recent Unpleasantries between the States
Yankee War of Aggression
Lincoln's War

Fraser might be just a bit intoxicated, but how much more will it take before some say enough and op to break away? Part of the interesting history of Texas is they joined the Union for the purpose of gaining Federal troops in their war with Mexico. Now fast forward to Jefferson Davis imprisoned but NEVER prosecuted for treason because? The Constitution allows for states to leave the Union. Therefore President of the Confederate States, yes but guilty of treason no. In doubt? Research and read for yourself.
Nice posting from a very "northern" state, my friend! :lol: Of course, I am a real southerner, myself. I'm from Southern California; that's the South, ain't it? :rofl:

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
...answer...?

My take is that we started to lose everything when SCOTUS ruled in 1962...in O'Hare vs US...that prayer in school was un-Constitutional. Others may point to similar causes....but this one is the biggie.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I don't know... but I would think a Drunk Texan would not be able to write a post nearly that legibly... thats not saying much for what qualifies as drunk in Texas!

Must have missed an earlier post, otherwise I have no idea what mt-ac is talking about... however it sounds like some carpet bagger Yankee crying about something...:tongue:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
It is destiny.

All democracies fail. By nature of man, they must, and they have. The liberal left is simply expediting the inevitable.

·
Registered
388 Posts
But your from TEXAS!!!!!!

At least you don't live in NEW YORK CITY

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
It's really pretty simple: Before a new order can be imposed, the existing order must be destroyed.

The world as it exists today began when the scientific method was added to the Judeo-Christian ethos - morality and reason, ethical progress. This created self determination, individual liberty, property rights, representative democracy, and the fastest and greatest scientific and technological advancement ever seen. In a mere 500 years Western Europe went from a festering backwater to the dominant cultural, social and technical presence on the planet.

Rule by a powerful few is the more natural order of things. But before they can reclaim their place of power, the power of the many must be eroded. So observant Christians and Jews are labeled as "haters" and "intolerant," and anyone who tries to find patterns in the social chaos is accused of "stereotyping" or "profiling." The charlatans and demagogues stoke resentment and envy among the masses, and build their following with promises to "spread the wealth."

With scientific discovery and reason replaced by the "consensus" of those funded by the ruling class, and the removal of absolutes in social morality, "right," "wrong" and "truth" are whatever the elites say they are. Welcome to the Brave New World.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imblitzvt, on my seventh three finger whiskey last night. Liquorious loquation at its best, for me anyway. I just cant remember when everyone hated everyone else so much. J

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Individual Freedoms started to go away almost from Day One.. Anybody ever hear of The Wiskey War??? Anybody ever follow our Real History, not the stuff we were lead to believe??? Anybody ever follow when our Government turned on our 1st Vets??? Ever think about part of our Founding Fathers thoughts were on WHO gets to Tax us ???? LOL!!!

How many Wars have we been pulled into because of Our Loyalty??? How many people died for our Manifest Destiny ???.. The list just keeps going on and on..

Sadly, its just our turn now, and Ya, it Sucks... Lou

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Imblitzvt, on my seventh three finger whiskey last night. Liquorious loquation at its best, for me anyway. I just cant remember when everyone hated everyone else so much. J
Well, amount does not matter, but you are not nearly drunk enough if you are writing that well and worried about everyone hating each other! IMHO.

Having lived most of my life just outside the edge of the Baltimore Ghetto... I don't really remember a time when people did not hate each other. My guess is that you are just becoming aware of something that really has not changed that much. Ignorance is bliss...

... How many Wars have we been pulled into because of Our Loyalty??? How many people died for our Manifest Destiny ???.....
Thats funny, I consider the early wars of the Manifest Destiny to be the good wars we have been in, the ones that were worth being in!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Manifest Destiny wasn't a war, it was a Goal.. There were just a bunch of wars along the way with people that were in the way.. Now it seems there are others with Goals and we are the ones in the way... Politicians don't spend Billions of dollars to get elected just to make sure our Individual Freedoms are looked after !!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Frazer,

On my late night Rants, I always enjoyed washing down Molasses cookes with Bourbon to keep a bit of food in my belly..:lol::lol:
Now that is a combination i will have to try. It is bound to taste better than pickled herring and vodka.
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
When Nikita Khrushchev said "We will bury you" this is what he meant aided and abetted by Sesame Street chanting "you're the most important person in whole whole wide world".

In any event, there was some pretty deep thinking in this post.

My contribution to the catalog of poor poor drinking choices is shots of vodka using muscatel wine as a wash. At the time I was doing this I was operating under the idea that the liver was evil and it must be punished.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I always end up scarfing homemade hot pickles. Oof. The ginger snaps thing sounds yummy, I loves me some ginger snaps. J

·
BeltFed GURU
4,391 Posts
So does the Evil Macaw out of 2 bags of Old Fashion brand a month i get about one hand full :bawling: he gets all the rest !! Do Not even think of trying to take one from his pile or you Will be dripping red stuff :eek: !
I had to go as far as putting a lock on the fridge and don`t think he does not test it every time he passes it ! I would not mind but he leaves the door open :( .

Fortunately he has no taste for Sippins so my supply is safe :buttrock: :cool: !!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts