1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
Well I heard they are setting cop cars on fire all over the country and it happened here in Rochester today. I was working downtown all day and heard a bunch of sirens but thought nothing of it because they are always going by in the city. Hope the madness stops soon before it escalates out of control.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Syracuse went to **** today. Small riots have broken out downtown in front of police/public safety building. Windows are being smashed and public property is being destroyed and vandalized.

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
Same here Scott they ended up with a 9:00 curfew here last night and Philly had one by 8:00, I am concerned with both daughters being down there and now two grand kids. I don't understand all the hate in this country and we seem to be more divided than ever.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Well you’ve got the angry black community, which has some overlap with the looting community, and throw in anarchists and state instigators, and naturally comes a **** show. 80% of these people are opportunists looking for an excuse to loot and burn- and in my observation that’s two different groups: looters and arsonists. The latter are the real hell raisers, and are in it for the destruction.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Not even a hint of a riot in the state I live in so far. Of course nearby Memphis has had some but that is to be expected.

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
I'm very happy to be living outside a small college town in the South - sans college kids. But my daughter has sent videos of the protesters in Baltimore outside her apartment window. I'm really surprised things aren't much worse there (knock on wood). Yesterday my son was bitching the protests had interrupted his jog, IN WICHITA! Video of white, grain fed, Midwestern radicals. I guess they marched and chanted until they wound up in a corn field.

The sad part is that good, conscientious people are creating a permissive environment for Antifa and the looters. This is obviously a highly coordinated national assault, meticulously planned long ago. All they needed was a triggering event, and a knee on the neck of George Floyd, for what was clearly far too long, was just the ticket. MSG

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I'm very happy to be living outside a small college town in the South - sans college kids. But my daughter has sent videos of the protesters in Baltimore outside her apartment window. I'm really surprised things aren't much worse there (knock on wood). Yesterday my son was bitching the protests had interrupted his jog, IN WICHITA! Video of white, grain fed, Midwestern radicals. I guess they marched and chanted until they wound up in a corn field.
I suggest that if she is in Baltimore... and things start looking like they are going to get nasty, I suggest she get out of the city limits asap. A night in a hotel is a small price for not being trapped in the city.

That said, I get a certain sense that Baltimore has "been there, done that" a bit lately and it might stay a bit more calm for this one.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
My girls all took pistols to school when they left home,not so much for this type of thing but because they all drove 4-5 hours away and anything can happen on those long empty stretches,but in this situation it wouldn't be a bad thing.

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
... That said, I get a certain sense that Baltimore has "been there, done that" a bit lately and it might stay a bit more calm for this one.
That's our take also. The Freddie Grey riots may have worked as an inoculation to the current wave. There are fresh memories of the hardship they caused for the residents of the city. Also, in their aftermath, it appears they also put in place mechanisms and channels of communication to mitigate future explosions. There have been protests, but they have been modest and peaceful. We have issued guidance, and with other family nearby she has an escape plan. MSG

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here in Huntsville AL, they gassed protesters the night before, local authorities (who seem really decent) reported out of towners started acting up. No Wide spread damage though. Feels good to know that we're prepared, and all those people who thought I was paranoid for having a plan have been coming to me looking for advice. This is a great opportunity to make 2A Allies!

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
That's our take also. The Freddie Grey riots may have worked as an inoculation to the current wave. There are fresh memories of the hardship they caused for the residents of the city. Also, in their aftermath, it appears they also put in place mechanisms and channels of communication to mitigate future explosions. There have been protests, but they have been modest and peaceful. We have issued guidance, and with other family nearby she has an escape plan. MSG

Thats good to hear. Its not making the news but the National Guard it out and ready. While there is mostly good news out of Baltimore... it does look like the City just re-elected a Mayor that had to resign in the past and almost went to jail for stealing gift cards that were for the poor (really just a bribe).

Since the Freddie Grey Riots, the murder rate in Baltimore City has gone up 100 a year. So for the loss of 1 Black Youth, through the lack of policing, 500 more have died to date.

I am so upset about the current riots, I don't know where to start. I think everyone should watch Tucker's show:

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Video unavailable.....Rightwing opinions are no longer allowed on this form....So step in line , or there will someone to ban you shortly 🤣 🤣🤣

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Video unavailable.....Rightwing opinions are no longer allowed on this form....So step in line , or there will someone to ban you shortly 🤣 🤣🤣
Haha, na it was not Rory on this one. He has not said anything to me on any of my posts. The video its from June 1st. Look it up. Here is another link but if you can find a bit longer clip, its worth it.

thought i would like to block tucker from most things.... Fox blocked it, not me.
Haha, I know the truth does hurt. However having grown up in a totally democrat/liberal area I completely respect your right to have a wrong opinion. :) I don't think I have posted anything inappropriate and you have said nothing to me about any of my posts... so I have no issue with that. I also watch Rachel Maddow and I find her show the best on the other point of view. I don't wish to block her from anything.

You know, having grown up a few miles outside of Baltimore city, I got to see the reality and what was told to us about that reality on TV. I don't know what you experience is but mine has taught me that the same people that want to take your 2A rights are the same people trying to feed me the BS you see on the left leaning news. I am not a Republican and did not vote for McCain or Romney. Tucker in this episode took shots at Mike Pence and Jared Kushner. Meanwhile Baltimore is re-electing a Democrat Mayor that had to resign for stealing gift cards given for poor kids. Granted they were really just bribes but... Anyway I don't know if you live near a places you can't go because of your race but I do. Most all the places I know like that have been under liberal control since the 1930s. My father would not even drive us down the street he grew up on... The same people that made this possible are the people who the liberal press supports. Why do you trust and support someone who does not trust and support your right to have a gun... I am not a single issue person but thats a pretty good clue that they are not on your side...

·
11,183 Posts
I live in the middle of an area that people say i can't live because of my race. Its fear mongering and unsupported by my experience. sure some differences than when i lived in suburbia or in rural settings but just different.

i did not watch this video but a few previous sessions where tucker was just pandering to some super right bullshit talking points left me without desire to repeat. I am ok with truth. not a truth that was then painted red with a fancy hat on it to shut down the left.

My views are a good mix of left and right.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I was just having some fun...Another member linked me to the thread...I watched the whole thing and I have to say it made me a little angry......"Panited red with a fancy hat on it to shut down the left"....Wow...That " is the typical response from the left who refuse to open there eyes ....I guess if you don't see it / hear / or speak it , it never happened...Take a drive threw Short North / Downtown Columbus , and see for yourself ....Amazing to see what a (couple of people from out of town ) can do :rolleyes:......Maybe the right should riot to get our point across.............Right before I logged on today I read a story about the Mayor of Chicgo trying to crackdown on people trying to protect their community ...I will try to link it...It comes from a liberal rag , so it might be allowed:p.... Mayor Lori Lightfoot denounces vigilantism in Chicago after white men patrol neighborhood streets with bats

1 - 20 of 23 Posts