1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lee Tool & Machine has all the parts to build a m1919 semi in one kit for $575.00 . My question is : has anybody bought one or know anything about them?
Or should I bite the bullet and go with Ohio Ordance ?

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Never used a lee 80% plate or trigger & sear....never knew they existed.

Lee has all the parts to build a semiauto 1919...... WITH YOUR KIT!

as a comparison

KMP...
70% plate....$120 or less ..I forget
Trigger & sear.$125...+-
rivet set30-40 bucks
Machine your internals...say 120..not sure of current pricing

do the math....you [email protected] least $ 150+ and have top shelf parts going with KMP:)

better yet upgrade to a Halo 100% plate with your savings.

OOW had a sale on semi parts yesterday...$ 799 IIRC...a bit steep for me but Does include Internals (bolt ,bbl ext ,lockframe ,trigger & sear ) IIRC

·
Legendary Donor
2,491 Posts
My first build, many many moons ago used a lee sideplate, trigger and sear. The sideplate seemed okay, the trigger and sear didn't fair so well. They are similar to the KMP, or should I say KMP is similar to the lee as I believe lee made them before KMP did(I think). As to quality I think KMP has it down, also if you use the lee sear a KMP sear will not fit as the lee is bigger.

OOW uses their own design for the sideplate as well as the sear, if you use either the Lee or OOW parts you likely won't find anyone else compatable with them.

Save yourself some trouble and use the KMP trigger and sear at least, as for sideplates that might be a little more personnel, 70% or 100%, engraved etc...,

·
Legendary Donor
2,491 Posts
Never used a lee 80% plate or trigger & sear....never knew they existed.

Lee has all the parts to build a semiauto 1919...... WITH YOUR KIT!

as a comparison

KMP...
70% plate....$120 or less ..I forget
Trigger & sear.$125...+-
rivet set30-40 bucks
Machine your internals...say 120..not sure of current pricing

do the math....you [email protected] least $ 150+ and have top shelf parts

better yet upgrade to a Halo 100% plate with your savings.

OOW had a sale on semi parts yesterday...$ 799 IIRC...a bit steep for me but Does include Internals (bolt ,bbl ext ,lockframe ,trigger & sear ) IIRC
Machining the internals along with a KMP trigger and sear, a trigger return spring and refinishing runs $200 and includes return shipping.

·
11,813 Posts
kmp or halo plate

rivets from MSG here on the board burnt capital - $22
http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?11...inks-and-Drill-bits-For-Sale&highlight=rivets

30calmachinegunner for machining of the internals $200 including KMP trigger and sear

this is really your answer if you plan on doing any of the build yourself.

If you don't want to rivet the receiver together and want a different design, tnw sells a complete semi receiver box for 1200. I bet 30cal would machine your parts to fit for ~$110. but again this is a different design.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
I am with most everyone else here. You can't go wrong with a Halo or KMP plate. And KMP triggers and sears are just the industry standard. However, Lee is one of the pioneers of this stuff and, as Brian said, they were doing this before KMP or Halo were. No doubt about it. Also, they have been here posting stuff in recent months. Though I had not seen them as an active presence until recently, they have always been around if you knew about them. I have never seen their product and so I can't speak to the quality, but I have not heard anything negative over the years. Always willing to welcome a vendor who puts out a good product and good service.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Lee T&M was one of the early semi RSP/parts producers before KMP, Halo, etc when parts sets first started coming in in numbers and internet gun forums were just beginning.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I am with most everyone else here. You can't go wrong with a Halo or KMP plate. And KMP triggers and sears are just the industry standard. However, Lee is one of the pioneers of this stuff and, as Brian said, they were doing this before KMP or Halo were. No doubt about it. Also, they have been here posting stuff in recent months. Though I had not seen them as an active presence until recently, they have always been around if you knew about them. I have never seen their product and so I can't speak to the quality, but I have not heard anything negative over the years. Always willing to welcome a vendor who puts out a good product and good service.
They make some bada$$ replacement springs for the Sterling SMG, I know that much. :)

·
Legendary Donor
1,678 Posts
triggers and sears and plates

lee was b4 KMP and all else. they were really the standard.
KMP has just improved the original trigger from a pin and slide to a keyway slide . and beefed up the sear legs. and changed materials.
the lee is what i started with .
tomt:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts