1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New guy here. I have searched for an answer to this.

I have to attach my left feed pawl bracket to the plate. This particular bracket is a cut 7.62mm. The third rivet has nothing on the bracket to support it as it swells. I am at a loss on how to fix this and ensure the bracket has the necessary rivets. Anyone have advice.

Other than this one thing, things seem to be going well.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Ah, you are encountering the problem specific to reattaching an Izzied belt holding pawl bracket. Assuming, here, that your left side plate has the matching wider cut for that Israeli pawl. This is a bit difficult, but doable. What you need to do is make a spacer which will act as a bucking bar of sorts, fitted tightly in the pawl bracket notch alongside that exposed rivet. If you can keep it very snug, so that the rivet cannot expand laterally and will stay tight in what remains of the bracket hole, you can hammer the rivet solidly in the bracket and then clean it up after to open your notch back up for the 308 pawl. It's a PITA job, but doable. The only other real option becomes more expensive, since it would mean replacing your bracket with a new, USGI spec one, which I do have. But that probably does not make sense unless your pawl slot in the LSP has the USGI narrow slot in it already.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts