1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I saw this at Watervliet Arsenal today, out back with a few junk vehicles. I can only assume its some kind of mock up or experimental tank that was being developed there. The small square on the front hull says "NON BALLISTIC" (which leads me to believe this was a prototype). I cannot identify the chassis and the track appears to be solid rubber. Nothing looks like its been borrowed from another design ( the hatches, plates, skirts and doors on the back appear proprietary) The muzzle break alone looks like it weighs 500 lbs. Notice there appears to be a second, identical next to it which really kills my 'static mock up' idea. Sorry about only getting one picture, the other SSG in the vehicle with me wasnt much of an armor buff.

Im stumped. What the actual hell is this?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crusader chassis.

NLOS prototype.
I did a quick search and found some prototypes that looked like what I saw, but not exact. The one in my picture also appears to be driven by the front sprocket. Could this be a real real early prototype?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a NLOS-C (Non-line of sight) XM1203 prototype, first built in 2008 but never funded. I would like it please.
Looks like XM11203 is a winner. Its strange how it found its way to Albany. Im sure the gun system is made at Watervliet.

Redroth, Ill have it on a flatbed and shipped to you next week. :rofl:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ScottD,
How are we going to get some Excalibur rounds and the programmer for them :confused::confused::D !
At $65,000 bucks per round.....let that sink in....PER ROUND.....send me your credit card information and Ill log into www.buyartilleryammodirect.com for ya.

(somebody is going to try that link....its a joke guys...)

·
Registered
454 Posts
...Well, it's not funny, Scott. For a fleeting second I thought I'd found some ammo for the Atomic Anny I've got parked out back.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
so is it actually a "tank" or is it just motorized field artillery?

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Two C-5 lifts to get one 155mm tube in theater (it and its ammo carrier). Sure, that was a good idea.

Amazing how things have changed. Now they cover a 150 Klick front with a single, truck mounted MLRS tossing GPS rounds - one and you're done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts