1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is awesome and wants my 1919 on its tripod on display in her immaculate living room sharing space with expensive paintings etc. My question, will I be placing too much tension on the feed pawl spring and weaken it by letting 40 rounds linked hang off of the weapon?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I don't think the spring is very compressed with the belt loaded, the weight should be on the pins. Either way springs are cheap, especially if the wife will let you put it out for everyone to see... You might put dummy rounds in or remove the firing pin to make sure there aren't any surprises...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the spring is very compressed with the belt loaded, the weight should be on the pins. Either way springs are cheap, especially if the wife will let you put it out for everyone to see... You might put dummy rounds in or remove the firing pin to make sure there aren't any surprises...
Hahahaha, yep firing pin is removed.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
...YEP....until she needs the space....

Once my wife saw the bright blue and polished brass of my 1917A1...duel-feed,one-of-a-kind....she allowed me to mount it in our living room (parlor) with her hand picked furniture. For awhile. Had to move it a few months later to make room for a Christmas tree. Not a chance of a return....she says. (sigh....)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts