1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Wish I had the $4k to spend. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. I know a fellow who was talked into buying a Lewis parts kit, though he figured the odds of finding a transferable receiver were just this side of zero. Then a miracle happened, and he now has a functioning transferable Lewis.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Wish I had the $4k to spend. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. I know a fellow who was talked into buying a Lewis parts kit, though he figured the odds of finding a transferable receiver were just this side of zero. Then a miracle happened, and he now has a functioning transferable Lewis.
This may be blasphemy due to the scarcity of parts, but has anyone made a semi Lewis gun??

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
These are as rare as hens teeth this side of the pond. Most all the parts kits went to the UK.
I know there are transferables here in the US but a parts kit like this is rare, and nice!!!:eek:
CaptMax

·
Registered
811 Posts
I had a Lewis gun parts kit a while ago, but it was missing the entire receiver, and was also in that odd dutch caliber 6.5x53R. As there is no semi design, and i figure ill never find a receiver and have it made into a semi, I sold it. Kind of miss it still.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I really REALLY need to stay away..... :help:
:rofl: No you don't ABCB, it is good to be tempted with the disease once in awhile. :rofl:
It keeps you inline and reminds you you are addicted like the rest of us.:rofl:
CaptMax

·
Registered
789 Posts
Seeing how he is in Cali, I doubt it's even a semi-auto, most likely a dummy (but I could be wrong; it definitely isn't a legal FA in Cali). I believe this is the same fellow that had the "rare, engraved receiver Imperial Russian" 1910 maxim posted here a little while back that was pretty much determined to be a fantasy piece.

That being said, Lewis Guns are awesome!

·
Registered
481 Posts
:rofl: No you don't ABCB, it is good to be tempted with the disease once in awhile. :rofl:
It keeps you inline and reminds you you are addicted like the rest of us.:rofl:
CaptMax
:rofl: All I have to do is open my wallet, and I'm instantly reminded of my addiction! :cashwallet:

BTW.....that BREN tripod of yours would look really good as part of my living room décor. There's an empty corner over by the front door that would be perfect for a BREN displayed in AA config.....:D

·
Registered
735 Posts
I would guess that Lewis parts are so expensive because of how bad the dewats are here in the states. They look like a high schooler took a stick welder to them.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I can't take it anymore. I am doing it. Look for some vickers kits to be on the market later this week.
I should mention that I asked the seller early on whether all the parts were there, if any parts were welded, and if this was originally a dummy gun. I have to date never received a response back and I also live in California. note: The magazine would not be legal here if bought unless one has a hi-cap license, it has been demilled, or the magazine is modified to not accept more than 10 rounds.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts