1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not find a comparison discussion...which do you use/prefer and why? I assume links are more readily available.
Are they equally reliable? Have the belts become more of a collectors item?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Belts are my favorite

I like belts more than links for a few reasons. They wear far less on the very thin feed area, and you don't have to pick them up from everywhere. There are options for catching the links. To some belts are collector items based on rarity and condition. Belt loaders run around $800 and belts are anywhere from $10 and up, average maybe $25.
Links are for either 30-06 USGI, or Izzy for .308(also used for 7.62X54R). Linkers are around $175, USGI links about three cents or less, and Izzy about eight cents. If you use links buy the trunnion protector.
Used and stretched belts can be hand loaded or make a small pusher to load them. New belts have your mind looking into deep corners trying to find colorful new ways to express frustration.
Welcome to the addiction.😳 Never be reluctant to ask questions or post for items you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I like links myself. I use the Israeli ones. They works well with most every caliber.
The plate linkers are cheap compared to a belt loader.
GW

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Throw the trunnion protector in the trash.
It causes more problems then it's worth in my opinion.
If you have enough money for ammo to wear out a trunnion running links then you have enough money to replace the trunnion or repair it.
Once again it's my opinion and worth les then a G.I link.

2 posts and 2 different opinions right off the bat.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do yall have a preferred place to buy IMI links? I dont have my M1919 yet...but maybe a long belt of ammo will further motivate me.
I got this ammo can of 7.62x51 thats begging to be linked. :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bam...thats the deal I was looking for.
Now I get to figure out a link loader.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts