1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't cast any bullets for a couple of year so of coarse I couldn't find my bottle of liquid Alox,last time I bought a bottle on ebay I got the white label stuff,supposed to be the same stuff just a whole lot less expensive,it worked great,but this time I didn't read the listing properly and I got a bottle of his 45-45-10,looks the same and smells the same but it is much thinner,and it doesn't seem to be drying,I did some projectiles last night and 24 hours later they are still tacky,so bad that a light finger pass wipes it off. We hit 102 yesterday and our humidity was only 10% so I figure it should have dried much quicker then that.
Has anyone used his 45-45-10 mix? Is it supposed to dry all the way like the Lee stuff? I wrote him and haven't heard back,but it is the weekend.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just used the same stuff tonight to lube some 9mm bullets. The Alox had thickened to the point it wouldn't pour. I called their customer service and was told to add a little mineral spirits and shake it up. I did that and the bullets were dry in about 2 hours.

Maybe add a touch of mineral spirits and try it again.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He wrote back and said to put it in the sunlight or in the oven,somehow I don't think my wife would appreciate that,but I was able to get one tray in a window and it dried OK,just seemed to to much longer then before,the stuff that wasn't in a window was still tacky after 2 days.
I used the Lee stuff for years until I found the white label stuff, and over time I had the Lee brand get too thick and I always used a little mineral spirits and it was fine,I usually only reload during the winter,but now I have a cooler in my man cave I can do it year around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts