1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone!

I am glad I found this forum and I really hope someone can help me. I am looking the above mentioned part and I am located in the EU. I know it is not that easy to ship this part but since I have seen it many times before I am pretty sure we can figure out something. Let me know you if have any for sale or you know someone who might have!

Thank you very much!

PS: I am not sure if this is allowed in the Open Talk thread. Let me know if its not and I will edit it.

Yellow Cable Auto part Electrical supply Electric blue
Cylinder Nickel Gas Auto part Circle
Musical instrument Tool Wood Hardwood Metal
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Font Rectangle

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I believe that they are making copies of this part for "light sabers", not for shooting reasons.
Are you looking for one to use for shooting or to make a light saber with?

Later 42rocker

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I believe that they are making copies of this part for "light sabers", not for shooting reasons.
Are you looking for one to use for shooting or to make a light saber with?

Later 42rocker
oh I wish it would be for shooting but no, it is for a lightsaber. I already have every parts this is the last one I need. It would be perfect for me if it's in a "not good for shooting" state, but outside it looks good enough.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
379 Posts
Originals separate from the rest of a parts kit are quite rare and expensive due to all the lightsaber-makers snapping them up over the past dozen years.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
What a waste of hard to find original parts. I have been looking for one for a while for my C&R MKii with no luck. Hopefully one day I will find one to complete a gun that it was made for.

Update 7/5/22 i cant believe it but I finally found and just received a original mkii flash hider for my gun. Thank God the search is finally over.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
What a waste of hard to find original parts. I have been looking for one for a while for my C&R MKii with no luck. Hopefully one day I will find one to complete a gun that it was made for.
I think this is a many many years old debate. Waste for you, maybe, but not a waste for me. It is a childhood dream to complete.

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
I will keep my eyes open for you and if I find one I will shoot you a PM

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Sorry, mine is staying with my parts kit. LOL
I wish you the Best of Luck. Who knows how many were taken for light sabers.
Toolman is one of your best bets. Even though he is another year older as of a few days ago.... LOL Of course many years younger than myself.

Later 42rocker

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, mine is staying with my parts kit. LOL
I wish you the Best of Luck. Who knows how many were taken for light sabers.
Toolman is one of your best bets. Even though he is another year older as of a few days ago.... LOL Of course many years younger than myself.

Later 42rocker
Ooh so you got one 😮 What is a parts kit? Can I see it?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I am glad I found this forum and I really hope someone can help me. I am looking the above mentioned part and I am located in the EU. I know it is not that easy to ship this part but since I have seen it many times before I am pretty sure we can figure out something. Let me know you if have any for sale or you know someone who might have!

Thank you very much!

PS: I am not sure if this is allowed in the Open Talk thread. Let me know if its not and I will edit it.

View attachment 118034 View attachment 118035 View attachment 118036
I sold the extra one I had put away a long time ago.

Original BSA Browning .303 Mark II Flash Hider

It didn't take long to sell it!
In fact a gent called CS and while speaking to them another customer purchased it on-line.

Richard

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I sold the extra one I had put away a long time ago.

Original BSA Browning .303 Mark II Flash Hider

It didn't take long to sell it!
In fact a gent called CS and while speaking to them another customer purchased it on-line.

Richard
Nevod
A parts kit is a pile of parts that used to be a weapon till demilled (cut/torched up). Some folks rebuild them into correctly made working weapons or displays(?).
see
Parts Kits (apexgunparts.com)

While at the Apex site search for ANM2 parts.

May the Force be with you.

Later 42rocker
Thank you guys! Unfortunately apexgunparts.com cannot be accessed from my location (Europe). Anytime I try to visit it shows me an ‘Access Denied’ page. Also I am looking for the finned muzzle as well (mostly that). If you could let me know there is one available I’d be much obliged.

Automotive tire Cylinder Gas Auto part Circle

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think what you are looking for is technically the booster for the MKII.

I had a gun come through my shop that needed a lot of parts to finish it out, but the owner had amnesty registered it and never finished it. The booster was there, but the flash hider was damaged; the cone on the end past the rings was gone. My guess is the gun was salvaged from a ditched plane due to the mud, rust, damaged flash hider and a ruptured case in the chamber. I ended up making him a new flash hider since they are so impossible to find.

But yes, Nevod, the part you are looking for with the fins around it is the booster for a British BSA MKII aircraft gun, as mentioned buy these other gentlemen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think what you are looking for is technically the booster for the MKII.

I had a gun come through my shop that needed a lot of parts to finish it out, but the owner had amnesty registered it and never finished it. The booster was there, but the flash hider was damaged; the cone on the end past the rings was gone. My guess is the gun was salvaged from a ditched plane due to the mud, rust, damaged flash hider and a ruptured case in the chamber. I ended up making him a new flash hider since they are so impossible to find.

But yes, Nevod, the part you are looking for with the fins around it is the booster for a British BSA MKII aircraft gun, as mentioned buy these other gentlemen.
Oh so it is called booster? I was using this components sheet and there it is called muzzle attachment and muzzle choke Cylinder Nickel Gas Auto part Circle

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had not seen that diagram before, thats nice. It would have been helpful to me a while ago for sure!

Based on that, yeah, you are looking for the muzzle attachment and the base of the flash hider / muzzle choke that threads into it.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
The British actually had 2 types of boosters and 2 types of flash hiders for the 303 Browning.
The early issue guns were all produced by Colt (in the 1930's) and were based on the MG-40 design.
BSA produced over 500,000 303 Browning guns during WWII.
They went to all the Commonwealth countries, mostly mounted in aeroplanes.
In the early part of the war (right after Dunkirk) MG's were in short supply and 303 Brownings that had no home / aeroplane to be mounted in were converted for ground use or aerodrome protection.

Richard

Plant Sky Wood Natural landscape Black-and-white

Wood Machine tool Gas Engineering Machine

1 - 20 of 24 Posts