1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The aluminum type Vickers K's or a 1919A4 - or even a water cooled Lewis.
PM me with what you might have for sale.
Anything considered, but no resin/fiberglass dummies.

Thanks,

Pit.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
The aluminum type Vickers K's or a 1919A4 - or even a water cooled Lewis.
PM me with what you might have for sale.
Anything considered, but no resin/fiberglass dummies.

Thanks,

Pit.
I build all-steel 1919A4 Display Guns, riveted and detailed just like my live semis, just no moving internals. The receiver is mostly all new made parts, with original top cover, latch, jacket, booster, back plate, etc. All parts get a fresh phosphate finish before final assembly. For pictures, look at my website here. I have two to build for a museum order ahead, but can probably get another one in this month if that fits your time frame and it meets your needs. Price for these is $1600 plus shipping. Not cheap, but the best quality 1919A4 dummy on the market. Pardon the lack of modesty, lol. Currently a gas gun mechanism is in development to fit the Display guns, and we hope to make that a "drop-in" feature if we can manage it. Just FYI.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys,

I am on a picture right now, and out of commission for a few days - but will definitely follow through.
All good leads.

This is the Jeep (a 1942 Ford M model) - it's an LRDG sort of set-up, the mount had an aluminum Vickers K set up on it - which is probably the way to go, $1800 for a couple of dummies.

Scott Adkins (Zero Dark Thirty) and Mathew Marsden (Blackhawk Down) getting blood and cigar ash on the upholstery.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
jeep

Hows this I need a Jeep for my guns, no really I am looking for one to restore, 1940's to early 1950's. Have a 1919a4 and a M2HB for it. Getting the guns for it will be easier than getting the jeep. You could just weld a parts kit together and call it good. Thanks, Jerod

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pitfighter,
Not sure where you live but I saw a 1947 jeep listed on Craig's list near Youngstown Ohio. Cost was under $7000.
Butcher

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Baker - I sent him a PM.

I have been driving the vehicle everyday between my house and the editors.

1942 on the brass vin - so, no seat belts, windshield, blinkers - it is a lot of fun, and just a lovely car.
You get lot's of middle aged men waving at you - lol.
It is actually not a Willys, but a Ford model M -
($150 a year insurance from Haggerty historical)
Three speed, have to be at a complete stop to change down to first - which isn't awesome in traffic, but an attribute of all these vehicles.
All the parts are available from the G503 group and forum - I think you can pretty much build one from scratch with NOS parts.
I will probably sell the vehicle, it is a bit too specific a movie rental, being SAS LRDG dressing.
You can't just stick it in a US military rental, and although I would like to see one, I don't think I recall a recent (since the 1960's) film or TV show dealing with the LRDG.

Maybe with the dummy guns pictured, it will rent out on something.

Butcher455 - I'd sell this one for $6500

1 - 9 of 9 Posts