1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that there are some FA side plates out there. Anyone know who has been setting on these? I would like to see about doing the paper work for one.
Thanks for any and all help
B-3

·
Watercooled Addict
2,088 Posts
Last one I bought was a ramo. A gentleman in arizona had it and it was still in the wrapper. He does not have any more but I located it off one of the ad boards. They are expensive. Cost about 16k. You could get one already built for that. I needed one for a 28 colt and the ramo's dont have any of the engraving on the back part of the plate so it left room for correct engraving. If I were wanting a 1919, you would be better off buying a complete gun. Check with DLO. Doug is the only one known to have transferrable plates left. Last I heard he would not sell just the plates anymore, but he would build you a gun. And by the way, he builds really good guns.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Just saw o RAMO sideplate only, for $16,000 on sturm the other day. Not sure if its still there or not.

·
Registered
311 Posts
FA Side Plates

Check out DLO Manufacturing. This is the only source I know of. He built a great gun for me a year ago. Why pay for a bare side plate when you can get a great looking finished gun for the same money.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Ditto on the DLO guns. Mine runs perfectly in all three calibers and uses belts or links interchangebly with no problems. Really nice gun. Just my.02

·
Watercooled Addict
2,088 Posts
Hey chopper, I might be wrong but I believe the ramo plates lmo has are .50 plates.

·
Registered
809 Posts
On their website they have the entire gun listed for $17.5k. Ramo built FA.30/06. The ad I saw in SAR was for the side plate only. FWIW

1 - 13 of 13 Posts