1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a running/driving m38a1 for about $3000. It doesnt have to be restored. I just want it to drive. FOr that matter any military vehicle that runs and drive for about $3K will do. I'm also willing to trade my Full auto Mac-11 and supressor for one if anybody is interested. Are there web sites out there that just have this stuff on them? Thanks in advance
-Aaron [email protected]

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
i'ii try to work up some leads for you to bite on. i deal primarily in m35a2 deuce and a half cargo trucks, and parts for the m35a2's and m151 a1 and a2(vietnam era jeeps). 3k or so is not to bad of a starting price for the m38a1 in good running but fair cosmetic condition. the demand for them is catching up to the ww2 mb's and gpw's and the m151's since the latter three are becoming more and more scarce. the price of the 151's has almost doubled in the past 5 years. lately the adds for m38a1's are averaging 5-7 k for decent restored ones. don't laugh but i have come accross some pretty good deals on ebay.--just be careful that you are getting a vehicle that is as close to original as possible. remember a lot of these mil-vee's have been monkeyed around with by the non-military four wheeler (to all the civvy four-wheelers'please don't take offense) and cost as much to put back to original as buying one restored would cost.
another option of course is the m35--the biggest bang for the buck. i generally sell mechanically ready to drive home but in need of cosmetics such as repaint or minor rust repair for around 6-7k. the price remains lower on these workhorses because for every 10 guys who want a mil-vee, 9 have the room or "permission" from the wife for a "cute little jeep" and 1 out of 10 can swing the m35.
an option in between the big and the little is the m37 basically it is a two axel truck that looks like a small deuce and a half--these also run in the price range of the m38a1.
i hope this gives you a little insight to this new hobby you are about to enter---warning, it does become addictive--
by the way, when you find an m38a1, i have a nice pedastal mount for your 1919a4 available.lol.
if you need any advise or questions feel free to email me [email protected]
bernie---delmiltrucks
ps just before i submit this post i received a call from a customer in montana a second ago who has approx 20 m37's from parts cases to restored with rebuilt engines etc top price is 7k

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Cant remember too MUch..

BUT

Korean War era Jeep with the ambulance style top. All working street legal. $700.

Foots still up there somewhere.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the leads guys

Delmilvehicles: I'm looking for an m38a1 so that i can put my wifes 1919 in it, I used to have an MB but had to sell it when i got cancer. I think the 38a1 has serveral desirable improvements over the mb. Delawares not to far from me, I can to to the bottom in less than 3 hours from where I live in PA. If you come up with anything I'd be Happy to come look at It. And I will take your pedestal if i get a 38a1 but i dont want to buy it prematurly cause i had a guy offer me an MB for my price range. I also have a buddy looking for a deuce-and-a-half. Keep in contact and let me know what you find

Slugcatcher: I'd like to see this ambulance jeep if you can remember where you saw it

·
Registered
31 Posts
1951 M38a1

Military Vehicles Magazine has a 1951 M38A1 listed for $4000.00 OBO. The number is 207-797-5287 in Maine. There was another 1951 M38 asking $4500.00 502-484-2191 in KY. They had a few others but the price ranged from $9,500 to $14,000

·
Registered
155 Posts
Army Jeep

I have a 48 CJ that I am looking to get rid of. Runs and drives. Needs brakes and body work. Locates in western Ny. This one is on the G503 for $900.

Todd

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the responses, upandrunin I just e-mailed you, What magazines would you reccomend buying? Preferably one with clasified. This search is turning out to be a little more involved than I thought it would be

-Aaron

1 - 14 of 14 Posts