1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was forced to sell my C5A1 (to a forum member here) that Lucky#13 built for me due to getting divorced and I also had to sell my M3HB parts kit as well (also to another forum member here). I am now looking to buy some more C5A1 parts so I can have Lucky#13 build me another C5A1 that I should be able to keep this time. I need a booster and the retracting bar parts but am interested in ANYTHING C5A1 related. I know this stuff is hard to find but you never find it if people do not know you are looking for it. I had located 2 boosters and 3 complete retracting bar set-ups from a guy in Canada but once he found out I was in the USA he decided to keep the parts. Just my luck after he sent pictures to tease me with! LOL I am also looking for BCI marked parts for the 1919 as well to build this with. Thanks and Happy Labor Day!

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
310 Posts
YOU TOO??? :confused:

I was forced to sell my C5A1 (to a forum member here) that Lucky#13 built for me due to getting divorced and I also had to sell my M3HB parts kit as well (also to another forum member here). I am now looking to buy some more C5A1 parts so I can have Lucky#13 build me another C5A1 that I should be able to keep this time. I need a booster and the retracting bar parts but am interested in ANYTHING C5A1 related. I know this stuff is hard to find but you never find it if people do not know you are looking for it. I had located 2 boosters and 3 complete retracting bar set-ups from a guy in Canada but once he found out I was in the USA he decided to keep the parts. Just my luck after he sent pictures to tease me with! LOL I am also looking for BCI marked parts for the 1919 as well to build this with. Thanks and Happy Labor Day!

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can anyone help me out? It is starting to look like I may not be able to build another one because of a lack of parts.

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you gone north of the border and checked the gun shows? :tongue:
You can no longer cross the border without a passport or enhanced drivers license and I do not have either so at this point I am not able to cross over. Kinda ironic since before 9/11 I could actually leave my house and be on the other side of the border in less then 1/2 hour. I miss the good old days.

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mustangman7,
By enhanced DL do you mean the so called REAL ID DL ?:confused:
I have no idea what a REAL ID DL is but an enhanced license is where you pay more and they include your passport information on your license so you do not need to carry your passport with you. The added fee is renewed when your license is renewed and the cost is about equal to getting a passport.

Mike--Mustangman7

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
mustangman7 ,
Thank you for the info ,the Real ID Driver License requires proof of citizenship ,your certified Birth cert. ,proof of residence so it is most definitely not the same :( .

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
the guy selling 1919 parts on Ebay that also carries the mg 42 aa tripod......his parts are from a contact in Canada and are BCI. Kevin (I found out when we spoke of the AA tripods in volume)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mustangman7 ,
Thank you for the info ,the Real ID Driver License requires proof of citizenship ,your certified Birth cert. ,proof of residence so it is most definitely not the same :( .
All those things are required to get an enhanced license. It is the same as applying for a passport only it is part of your license and expires when your license does instead of 10 years like a passport.

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the guy selling 1919 parts on Ebay that also carries the mg 42 aa tripod......his parts are from a contact in Canada and are BCI. Kevin (I found out when we spoke of the AA tripods in volume)
Thanks but I already have one of everything BCI that he had and he is located about 15 minutes from me. Thanks anyway.

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
All those things are required to get an enhanced license. It is the same as applying for a passport only it is part of your license and expires when your license does instead of 10 years like a passport.

Mike--Mustangman7
A bit off topic but that only is required to cross the border legally. Many years ago a group of my buddies and I went deer hunting on one of the guys land in northern Minnesota. A couple of us went walking in the woods and near a gravel pit my buddy pointed to the ground. There was a little piece of cement about four inches square with a circular piece of aluminum in the center. In the middle was a line and on one side it said "USA" and on the other "Canada". On the USA side was a gravel pit and on the other a woods. There was no fence or sign or any other marker. Had I not known it was there I could have easily strayed into Canada fully armed. Ever since then I get a chuckle when the police say they are keeping an eye on check points when they are looking for an escaped criminal. A whole army could have crossed at that point and nobody would have known, Of course I have been on canoe trips in lakes in northern Minnesota when we may have strayed across the border and not even known it.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Maybe we need to get a list from everyone that is needing C5A1 parts. There are some things I am working on from a domestic source, though sadly no charging bar assemblies. I keep thinking that, if we had enough guys who need it, more of those belt holding pawl brackets could get made. I know who made some before, as I got two before he ran out.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Maybe we need to get a list from everyone that is needing C5A1 parts. There are some things I am working on from a domestic source, though sadly no charging bar assemblies. I keep thinking that, if we had enough guys who need it, more of those belt holding pawl brackets could get made. I know who made some before, as I got two before he ran out.
Rollin--

I think the days of "easy" available C5A1 parts are over. You may find one or two out there but some of the uniquely Canadian manufactured parts are just not available anymore. One good thing about the C5A1, most of the parts were converted from standard .30 caliber M1919A4 parts which makes it easy to modifying existing .30 parts.

Cheers

--fjruple

·
Registered
178 Posts
We still have a few parts Mike has first refusal as this is his post Please email me directly. there are 2 + of the following
stripped top cover
stripped sight leaf
BHP
front cart stop
a bag of retracting bar brackets not sure if there are sets
I have a copy of the C1 manual and somewhere some info from DIMACO detailing the conversion.
Dave

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
We still have a few parts Mike has first refusal as this is his post Please email me directly. there are 2 + of the following
stripped top cover
stripped sight leaf
BHP
front cart stop
a bag of retracting bar brackets not sure if there are sets
I have a copy of the C1 manual and somewhere some info from DIMACO detailing the conversion.
Dave
Dave--

Should be sets of two. Pic attached.

--fjruple

What is the number and date of the C1 manual? I would like to know if the info from DIMACO detailing the conversion is a CFTO # C-71-126-000/MM-000 or the Statement of Work

Latch Hardware accessory Metal

·
Registered
178 Posts
thanks for the info on the guides I have some springs and guides.
THe manual I have is B-GL-317-004/pt001 dated 76-12-16
Not sure where I put the conversion data I will start looking for it

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
thanks for the info on the guides I have some springs and guides.
THe manual I have is B-GL-317-004/pt001 dated 76-12-16
Not sure where I put the conversion data I will start looking for it
Dave--

That manual is one I do not have. Is it possible to get a .pdf copy of the manual?

Thanks

--fjruple

1 - 20 of 94 Posts