1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trimming many pieces of brass on my Lyman trimmer, I think its about time for an upgrade to something a little more electric. I hear negative reviews about Hornady lock and load trimmers stripping gears and others (Frankin, Lyman) being too slow...what else can I get that trims brass a little bit faster??

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I use the Dillon electric trimmer. Have it mounted in a Dillon 650 with case feeder and vac attachment. Noisy as hell, but I trim 223 brass as fast as I can pump the press handle up and down.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Check out the lyman e-zee trim, it uses pilots of fixed lengths so there is no adjusting anything, you just push until it stops cutting. I use the 1/4" hex adapter and chuck the cutter in my lathe and leave the spindle running while I trim, the supplied case holder makes changes quick and easy. The only suggestion I have is to polish the pilots with 1200 grit so it doesn't have drag inside the case neck. They have a nice ground finish but a mirror finish works much better.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
+1 for the Dillon. Expensive, but I deprime, resize and trim as fast as the press will go. I'm a broke family guy, and kicking around buying a second one.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Nearly forgot, I have a "worlds finest trimmer" (finest/fastest/whatever?) chucked into the drill press for 50bmg brass. It is quick, slick and cheap (for 50bmg). Sure beats the Lee trimmer I was using.

Actually, it is in my buddies drill press, along with my other 50bmg reloading toys :rolleyes:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help everyone! I will have to research what everyone has mentioned on here so far.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
FWIW I like the Dillon 1200, but then again I used to like Grain Belt beer, so much for being a discriminating consumer of malt beverages.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts