1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ohio Ordinance Works said they are having more made and it'll be a couple of months before they have more of these .308 conversions for the 1918 loader available. Do any of you guys happen to have a .308 conversion that you want to sell.

Would someone explain exactly what the conversion consists of. A picture of the conversion parts would be great too. Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't have any pics. But you get a longer pusher block to compensate for the short 7.62 rounds,simple little piece but.,, If you convert to 8mm .The ol1918 will load em with out any converting at all and you can take atvantage of the low price ammo.,,,,,,,,,,Smokin

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Longer push block and an adapter that goes at the bottom of the chute. Sarco has them listed in aluminum for $24.50 http://www.sarcoinc.com/1919a4.html ...1918 aluminum belt filling conversion. I've never actually seen theirs in person so I would call machinegun Dave first.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Sarcos threads are wrong and it will need to be machined further to make it work. I know I am waiting for OOW to make them also.

·
"man of the cloth" Loader
864 Posts
spacer

57Strat,
The way I did it was to just make a spacer out of brass a little less than a 1/4" thick and drill and tap the pusher. You can use an empty 308 as a spacer in the top cover to keep the shorter 308's to the back. (I made one out of black micarta in the pic)Then you can put in the 2 spacers to load 308 and remove them for 8mm/30.06. It's a lot less money then the other 2 adapters and I think Sarco's puts them in too deep anyway.
BA

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe someone could ship their OOW 1918 Loader .308 conversion to John B McGuire, and he could make us up a batch of high-quality .308 conversions. OOW gets $85 for theirs. I'd pay $100 to get one now rather than waiting.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Huh? I just crank away without any adapters. I put a fired case in the front of the feed chute as a spacer and that is it. Fires great in my homebuild and seats everything just right. Works great loading .30-06 into belts as well without the empty cartridge spacer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts