1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This slipped my mind over the Fall and Winter, but it looks like Peter Laider's book on the Bren gun that has been kicked around and supposedly shopped to various printers will be delayed at least three years until he gets out of prison. He was sentenced convicted late last summer with sentencing set for "later." Evidently that day has come and gone and he got three years. A shame; he was a always up to offer advice and give insights on several boards on Stens and Brens.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-50562122

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is another case of the publishing is outside of the author’s control. Being in prison won’t effect how long it takes, we’ve already been waiting for at least 10. I have a section he sent me on 3 1/2 floppy desk to review so that shows how long ago it was. I don’t think I even have a 3 1/2 disk drive anymore.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Isn’t this the BREN book Dan Shea was supposed to publish three years ago? Or is it a different BREN book he’s been sitting on?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn’t this the BREN book Dan Shea was supposed to publish three years ago? Or is it a different BREN book he’s been sitting on?
No idea, but possible. I know on various boards he indicated it was done and he shopping it to publishers but nobody picked it up that I know of, for whatever reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts