1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent some time working on this project for my youngest son. He likes the 40 S&W cartridge, and also likes cribbage. So........... I made him a rather large cribbage board and some pegs.

Pics will explain the rest. On a manual mill, this took a few hours to make, but it was worth it. He was all smiles. :D

OK Back to work I go..............:(

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
GREAT job. Don't think I could do that many holes without screwing up at least once.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well ain't that special...
Man, who wouldn't like the fine job you did on that Board. Very nice.:handclap:
Like the shell touch you have going also.:thumbup:

Big cribbage fan here.

Steamer

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I'm going to be doing one in 38 Spcl for my daughter. I'll be curious to see how the rimmed brass looks as I'm not going to counter-sink for it, so it will not be flush with the board top. After that I am done with these - way too much time involved in holes and getting brass ready for the holes!:eek:

Aren't winter projects fun? ;)

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
brassmagnet SEZ: ".... Aren't winter projects fun?"

Yeah, and I just love cabbage, specially when it's buried out by the woodpile til spring! :thinker:

Carry On!
Gary
>M<>

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
Great job Terry I am sure they will hang to these for years and have plenty of fun with them. Cool project and a great job :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great job Terry I am sure they will hang to these for years and have plenty of fun with them. Cool project and a great job :thumbup:
Thank you Russ - with your background in carpentry I'm going to consider that a good compliment. ;)

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Won't start a new thread on it, but thought I'd post board #2 made with 38 Spcl cases [cut down] for my daughter. Not all that different, but slightly......

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah - every time you do something over it seems there are revisions - hopefully for the better. I managed to find a better place to tuck the pegs away [sleeved inside cut off 458 Lott cases no less] :eek:

Added a nicer name plaque, and rubber feet instead of shop made plastic ones. Some letter stamping too, but not thrilled with the turnout on that. Oh well - if I ever make another I'll have more ideas to work with......

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
Another beauty Terry :thumbup: I love the new design.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts