1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an Email today from my Nephew in Iraq saying the sand storms are coming and asking me to send him some Graphite lubricant. I know there is white Graphite but does anyone know if there is anything more trick than that and, if so, where to get it? Thanks in advance, Dutch

Edited to add, its not an internet rumor the aftermarket mags for the M9 are REAL POS's. Poor kid says that the springs fall out of the bottom and dont work worth a Damn even when they dont. Need a source for these too

·
BeltFed GURU
4,321 Posts
white or black dry graphite NAPA auto parts used to carry big bottle`s of black graphite white graphite is locksmith supply most likely most any type of oil will attract the bloody grit in my experience i say stay dry lube, i sent a lady friend off to the box with a big bottle of NAPA graphite and a gross of rubbers for her rifle, plus a terrorist hunting permit sticker from her home state

hope this helps , and tell him some of us folks here on the home front are pulling for him

·
Watercooled Addict
2,092 Posts
I prefer the black graphite and as far as mags go, brownells has some very nice m-16/m-4 mags under their own name. Have never had a failure to feed or any problem with one of these. Tell him we appreciate the job he is doing and stay safe.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Go to Walmart and get some Keylock graphite in the white tubes. My wife and unit familiy support group sent me 80 tubes for my platoon; which, kept us going until our order through the supply system came through.

Here is a link to how my platoon lubed their M4's and crew served weapons in Iraq (actually I forced them to do it as platoon sergeant):

http://www.m2hb.net/m2phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=98&highlight=

It is also available through the USMC supply system in aerosol cans. Here is the manufacturer and NSN:

Pratt and Whitney, General Electric NSN: 9150-00-163-9036

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Issues in the Sandbox

I was on OIF1 from February 2003 to March 2004. Encountered the same problems. Conventional lub were nothing but a magnet for that very fine dust. Order the black graphite from Brownell's they will ship directly to an APO address. I had the same problem with the aftermarket M9 magazines. I think they were made Checkmate if I remember. I recall some of the guys shaking the 9mm rounds out the magazines. They made for nice one shot pistols. Solved the problem by emergency shipment of 10% extra strong Wolff magazine springs from Brownells. We replaced the springs and they worked fine after that.

Godspeed to all of you who goes in harms way. You are all in my prays. Come home safe.

fjruple
LTC USAR Retired

?We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother..."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts