1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was playing around on gunbroker when I found a parts kit for a M1 Carbine, I thought I would keep an eye on it and if it was not to hi place a bid and hopfully get it. Well the dang thing got up to $555 plus shipping. Is this really reasonable? I have an extra receiver and was thinking about putting one together but that much for a parts kit? If the parts kit is selling for that much then what are the guns selling for? (mine are staying right where they belong (with me).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here in the Richmond VA area, your typical Inland mismatched shooter starts around $800. Choice parts, manufactures, wood cartouche, etc. . . all add $ $ $
I got my first IBM 5 years ago in trade for a Taurus PT1911 & 500 rounds of bulk .45acp. Three months later I paid $700 for a IBM with (AO) sub-contractor stamp. You couldn't get me to part with either of them!
LOVE the "War Baby"

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Taurus PT1911 & 500 rounds of bulk .45acp" for a GI carbine, that is a good trade. Congrats on the addition. I just could not believe a parts kit sold for so much. I thought it was a fluke or something.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sadly, many guns are worth more as parts kits. Watch ebay sometime. A mismatched k98 seems to be worth a lot more if you strip it and sell the bits. Same with a Japanese rifle that is complete (dust cover, monopod, etc). I wouldn't pay that much for a kit, but some people do, I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts