1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for 6 or more M1 garand (green) original slings. No reproduction here. I tried CMP, other places and cant seem to find what I am looking for. I would like one with the MRT stamp on it. Please contact me and let me know what you have. I would be interested in as many as 12.

David

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Good luck, apparently green GI web slings became valuable somehow. The only made 30-50 million of them so I see why. They used to be free with a purchase of a stick of gum. J

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Keep in mind there are several kinds. During WWII they had a slightly different adjustment buckle and I think the material was thiner. When I was in the National Guard we had the cotton web OD sling for both the M1 and later the M14 and they all had the parkerized buckle and clamps. I think there was even a long version for the BAR. Then they came out with the same pattern sling in OD nylon some with parkerized hardware some painted. The material was very similar in thickness.

By the time we got the M16 they were mostly OD nylon the same pattern but they had changed to a more flat thin material with hardware painted OD. When we got the M16A2 they changed to the black nylon sling which is quite different.

Are you trying to duplicate a specific look like WWII or would the nylon type work for you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts