1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Top M1A is a all USGI TRW Parts rifle built on a 2001 SAI receiver and a custom painted USGI Stock
Bottom M1A is all USGI SA Parts rifle I assembled on a Fulton Armory receiver

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Make a mental note to myself, "my next firearm will be a USGI M14."
Beautiful firearms guys!!!
Man I love these........how did I ever get along without one? :dunno:
CaptMax

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,237 Posts
Don't have any good overall shot of this piece, and this is in bad lighting. Someone earlier mentioned the $20 surplus wood at KCR, and that's literally what this has at present. Haven't cleaned the wood, just snagged one last April and stuck it on the build. This is an LRB hammer forged receiver, marked with the prototype designation of T44E4, LRB forged bolt, a 16" Criterion barrel, Smith Enterprise front end, SAK op rod, HRA trigger group. It's a sweet shooter, just a nicer version of Springfield's SOCOM, with what I think are better components.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
You guys are killing me with these pictures, I have none to post. :jedicrying:
CaptMax

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Top M1A is a all USGI TRW Parts rifle built on a 2001 SAI receiver and a custom painted USGI Stock
Bottom M1A is all USGI SA Parts rifle I assembled on a Fulton Armory receiver
Great looking rifles Ranger ! Did you have a hard time finding the parts or part kits for these ?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Don't have any good overall shot of this piece, and this is in bad lighting. Someone earlier mentioned the $20 surplus wood at KCR, and that's literally what this has at present. Haven't cleaned the wood, just snagged one last April and stuck it on the build. This is an LRB hammer forged receiver, marked with the prototype designation of T44E4, LRB forged bolt, a 16" Criterion barrel, Smith Enterprise front end, SAK op rod, HRA trigger group. It's a sweet shooter, just a nicer version of Springfield's SOCOM, with what I think are better components.

Thanks for sharing Lucky. That stock looks like it might have a nice grain to it. Potential you think ?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,237 Posts
My latest just came in. Here are a couple of pics. Yes, the barrel is a bit short, but I have a correct dated barrel put aside. I did blot out the last two digits of he serial, but it's five digits total.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,237 Posts
Hmmmm....that one looks a tad different than the other ones :eek: :D
Ah, ya noticed that, did you? ;) Just a lucky find at KCR, someone surrendering his, you know, and selling off his what-nots...

·
Registered
181 Posts
A snap of mine:

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
A snap of mine:

You guys are killing me with these pictures!!!
Now I have another firearm I am going to have to purchase, I love these. :D
CaptMax

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Here is my Early Springfield in the E2 stock . Actually found the rifle at Cabelas back in 2004 for $800. Preban, USGI parts. Shoots pretty well.

DSC09382.JPG DSC09380.JPG

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Make a mental note to myself, "my next firearm will be a USGI M14."
Beautiful firearms guys!!!
Man I love these........how did I ever get along without one? :dunno:
CaptMax

The correct firearm to go with your Ferret would be a British L1A1 SLR. As far as I'm concerned (not looking to start a fight) the FAL/ L1A1 is a superior rifle over the M14.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
The correct firearm to go with your Ferret would be a British L1A1 SLR. As far as I'm concerned (not looking to start a fight) the FAL/ L1A1 is a superior rifle over the M14.
Well Abominog, I do have an Stg58 FN FAL so next I would like an M14.
The Browning and a Sten gun are all I need for the Ferret and I have that covered.:D
CaptMax

21 - 40 of 53 Posts