1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired 2 original prints of a 1918 US Ordnance Corp's line drawing for the French M1914 Hotchkiss MG. The sheet I have was one of a set and shows the breakout of the major components and workings of the the mg. Attached are a set of pics IMG_1575.JPG IMG_1576.JPG IMG_1577.JPG IMG_1578.JPG IMG_1579.JPG IMG_1580.JPG

·
Registered
244 Posts
That is really neat. I too would love to have a full size copy. I wonder if Kinko's or someplace similar could make a nice full size repro of it? I'd pay for one!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone know what it would take to make full size copies ? I would like a set-
For the best results, the originals should be scanned with a large format scanner, have the scanned digital images "restored"/cleaned up by someone with a graphic editing background, then take to your print shop of choice. It may be possible to make a decent full-size print from these images with more clean up time by a graphics person, but a scanner would be best. I'm working on some 1917 posters that Thompsongunner kindly shared, I could look into cleaning up these posters in the future if WWImg would be okay with this.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is really neat. I too would love to have a full size copy. I wonder if Kinko's or someplace similar could make a nice full size repro of it? I'd pay for one!

I have a local photographer who does professional scanning and clean up. Will see if he can handle the size. It will be a week or 2 before I hear back from him as he's out of town on assignment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts