1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excellent condition. Comes with the spare metal portion of the spare shaft. The other shafts are rotten on the ends but are good patterns. The ammo box rack is also missing. The two tool boxes are there. $800 local pick up as I won't ship this. Can deliver to the Tower Park military vehicle swap meet in California in April. It's located near Salem, Oregon.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Great price and condition!!!
Wish this were closer to me, I think I would have to buy it.
CaptMax

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
...ditto...

Robin has posted the first ammo cart to EVER have the tool boxes listed for sale. The tool boxes were not included...even the carts-in-the-crate did not have them,as they were made by the carpenter shop at every Army installation. Hence,my thread to advise that this is an exceptional deal for anyone who would like to join 'the cart crew'. Anyone who buys this is welcome to share the knowledge we have obtained thru Robin's efforts and get help and advise on completing this well preserved 1917 ammo cart. Believe it was made by International Harvester in the first part of 1918. Gun carts were started at serial #150,000-#200,000. The 200,000 series was made by the Velie Car Co.,Moline,IL. The 300,000 series were produced by the St. Louis Car Co. of St. Louis,MO. This info has just been discovered in the last month or so and getting more every day...photo's and ordnance data,as well as production records for each mfg.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can't seem to pm you. I will take it pending a pick up date. I am out of town until Feb 14th. My email is same as user name @gmail.com

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Robin doesn't have enough posts here yet to use the PM system. But I am glad you jumped in, as I was trying to find an extra $800 this month to pull this off. Timing is just bad for me, good for you!

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Thank God this is gone.

Less than an hour from me......been talking myself in & out of it for days.

Already have 1 wagon hanging from the rafters and thats where this would have ended up as I am completely out of inside storage space.

Cheers to the new owner up North.:worship::worship:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm excited to go pick this thing up. I have a lot of research to do on these carts and figure out everything I now have to collect to complete the package. I was filling out my order form for a M1 Carbine from the CMP when I stumbled across this. The carbine will have to wait, I couldn't resist with it being so close. I'm sure my wife will be real pleased:help:

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
...hooray...!!!

Looks like we have another member of 'The Cart Crew'....!! I hereby offer any assistance necessary for the completion of this 1917 Ammunition Cart to the new owner. Welcome to the addiction...eeerrr...HOBBY...!!! In any event,call...800 380-4867...during (EST) business hours....my dime.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I picked up the cart this weekend. I'm really looking forward to getting started bringing this thing back to life. Len, it sounds like you are the guy to get in contact with when it comes to replacement parts/manuals. Robin showed me everything I now have to have to go with the cart and some. I had a great time viewing his museum quality collection of military items. A lot of time and passion has gone in to putting together such a great collection! I couldn't have purchased this from a nicer guy.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Robin is a good fellow, no doubt. I've had the chance to meet him a few times at shows here in Oregon, and he has always been a gentleman and pleasure to talk with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts