1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for copies of technical repair/maintenance manuals and detailed exposed drawings for the WWI M1917 tripod for the M1917 Browning MG. Are there any online sources too?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
I've never seen any manual that covered the 1917 tripod. There is a decent exploded view in the Weapon Mounts for Secondary Armaments book, page 347. Cradle assembly only. Don't know of anything with the worm gear if you need that or the rest of the lower assembly.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Luck#13

Thank you again Luck313 - Will look for a copy of the manual you cited. Are there any manuals etc for the later M1917A1 tripod?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Thank you again Luck313 - Will look for a copy of the manual you cited. Are there any manuals etc for the later M1917A1 tripod?
That is a book- modern reprint available- that the gubment published in the late 50s. Originals are collectible, but the fine, hard bound reprint is available from BMG Parts Co, and other sources. Retail is $69.95, and well worth every penny.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weas Mount Book

Just got my copy from BMGParts in Nevada today. What a great reference and answers the mail for me on both the M1917 and M1917A1 tripods.

Thanks again Lucky#13

1 - 5 of 5 Posts