1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gathered all the parts to assemble my cradle with the new repro fork. But I need four small screws described in the 17A1 TM as:

Screw, fil-hd No. 6 (0.138) – 40NF – 2x 5/16

2 screws mount Traversing Screw Bearing to outside of left side plate; 2 screws mount Traversing Click Plate to traversing knob on right side plate

see thumbnail for T&E cut away and photo on one screw.

Would like to find four of these.

Thank you for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
...make 'em...

If you can find a fillister head machine screw,you can re-thread it with a 40NF die. Any head type of machine screw could be done like this to fasten the parts until you find the original type screws. It pays to have basic tools like tap and die sets for restoring older equipment,especially older military type stuff. And I never throw away old nuts,bolts,screws and such just for this reason. I can always re-thread,cut-to-size and clean up old hardware to make it into something I need.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FILLISTER HEAD SCREWs

Thank you to L999here and Waorani; will check out Brownells!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Is there 6-40 there? I only see 6-48... man, that is the closest I've seen. I have been looking for a couple sets of these screws too.
Link is sorted so 6-40 is top of page #080-050-640. Or buy the whole set and never have to hunt for a filister head screw again! Also price is $6 ($4.60 is dealer/FFL cost).

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Link is sorted so 6-40 is top of page #080-050-640. Or buy the whole set and never have to hunt for a filister head screw again! Also price is $6 ($4.60 is dealer/FFL cost).
Ah, I SEE! :D

Thank you. The set is reasonably priced too, and these are common screws for mounting scopes and scope rings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts