1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally have some of the parts ready for sale that might get some of these old war horses back in operation. Ready?....#51 feed way($40),#24 feed way cover($10),#54 upper needle arm($10),#59 lower needle arm($10),#26 needle arm base$40),#53 needle sets($20),#62 upper feed wheel tension spring($10),#44 slide/pusher tension spring($10),#21 lever arm spring($10),#34 connection arm($5),#52 hook($5),#57 lower wheel indexer($19),#32 30/06 slide/pusher($40),#32 .308 slide/pusher ($45)(includes a connection arm and the screw as a unit....drop-in)and several screws as soon as I can get them heat treated. Pics/scans will be posted as soon as I can get my new digital camera up and running....I hope. If you need some of these or other parts (have made or am having made about 50 of 68 total on the M1918) please advise by email. I am also able to rebuild these machines or trade old,beat up,un-useable 1928 Colt/Argentine or 1918 Brownings for a rebuilt one with mostly new parts. Contact ...Len's Gun Shop,Inc.,2402 S. Michigan St.,South Bend,IN-46614 or call (800) 380-4867 for a quote.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Len,
I consider myself sort of a belt loader-aholic. (6 different models and counting) and I wanted to say you are doing a great job in getting these fine old machines living again!
Keep up the good work!
Dave West

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...and I'll do it again !!

Thank you,Dave,for the kind words. I understand the concept of 'load-aholic' when it comes to these machines. I only hope I can justify the expense of making all these parts. Taking one apart that does not work,repairing what is broken and replaceing missing parts is like rebuilding a motor....sure feels good when its running smooth and those cloth belts just fly thru the feed wheels. Now if I can only get some more 250 rd. belts.....LOL.......FLASH.....prices now posted for available parts....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice job helping keep these machine running. I finally opened up my 28 loader I got at the April KCR and man was that something- 8mm ammo and brand new belts not one single problem-sure like that hopper:) -wish the 1918 had one of them and would clamp to a table:D ...but I guess that is that the 28 changes were meant to do, provide guys 75 years intot he future something to use in thier hobby.

I didn't see the pics yet so will wait or you can email them to me/us so we have a list of what something is called and can order from you .

Mark

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,165 Posts
Gee, it almost makes me wish that my 1918 loader was in need of parts so I could get some! However, it is working just fine. But I am glad that you went to the trouble to make these for all of those who need them now, and who may in the future! Thanks for the effort, L999!

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diagram...new thread posted....

Thank you,guys,for the kudo's. A new thread has been started and kindly answered, for the diagram of a 1918 belt loader. I added my numbering system as a posting. If you don't have my manual,this will aid in identifing the parts by number. Altho it might be a bit small,suggest copying the diagram and them blowing it up for clarity and adding the numbers to the parts. If further clarification is required,please advise and I'll try to help........Len

1 - 7 of 7 Posts