1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,

I am currently trying to build a m1918a2 BAR. However I am trying to make it semi automatic. Has anyone ever got a 80% receiver and converted it to semi auto and how?

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
OOW won’t finish an 80% but they do sell a semi receiver that you can toss your parts on. I don’t believe the “80%” Phil Ord receivers can be finished into a working gun...

·
Registered
96 Posts
FYI. Putting the barrel on is a pain. It took a 10 foot cheater and 2-250 guys to put the barrel on. If you do get OOW receiver send them your barrel to be put on.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Does OOW actually sell just the receiver? I didn't see one listed on their website...

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,199 Posts
Does OOW actually sell just the receiver? I didn't see one listed on their website...
At one time, OOW did sell a semi receiver kit, including all the semi trigger parts etc. It may be they no longer offer that, and no telling if they will in the future. A month or two back, I looked and they still had none of the 1918A3 BARs available, though they had the HCARs. Last I heard, they were so busy with contract work that there was just little room for the commercial side. I don't think they've had the WWII BARs for a few years now.

Reactions: redroth

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Hence why they sold the majority of 1919A4 parts to Apex and the 1928 Colts parts to other parties, they were too busy doing military contract work. They have HCAR's available today and are taking reservations for 1918A3's for a future run. No idea when production will happen though or what the new price point will be.

They use to sell semi-receivers, I do not see them listed anymore. You may want to contact them about being put on a list for them but personally even if they said they would do that I won't hold my breath. If it was me I would say you may want to buy a built 1918A3 off of the forum or from GB and then sell your parts kit.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The 1918 BAR is on my winter build list. i should be able to help you in six months or so. need a way to contact you. Not enough post to PM.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hence why they sold the majority of 1919A4 parts to Apex and the 1928 Colts parts to other parties, they were too busy doing military contract work. They have HCAR's available today and are taking reservations for 1918A3's for a future run. No idea when production will happen though or what the new price point will be.

They use to sell semi-receivers, I do not see them listed anymore. You may want to contact them about being put on a list for them but personally even if they said they would do that I won't hold my breath. If it was me I would say you may want to buy a built 1918A3 off of the forum or from GB and then sell your parts kit.
OOW also sold APEX a rather large quantity of 1918 BAR parts and all the FND parts:

I still have original barrels and other parts to get sorted.
A lot of my Thompson, M3 .50 and Grease Gun parts also came from OOW.
Oh and the entire VZ-58 "project" also was in one of the semi's.

Richard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts