1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I don't think Izzy 1919's ever used flash hiders...All I have ever seen was for 30-06...But , I have used a 30-06 hider with good results...The gun just runs slower...Also helps to support the belt wile shooting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think Izzy 1919's ever used flash hiders...All I have ever seen was for 30-06...But , I have used a 30-06 hider with good results...The gun just runs slower...Also helps to support the belt wile shooting.
The gun was used in WW2 then after the war give to Israeli by the US then brought back into the US, have the stock (able to be seen on the ground), and have the 30-06 kit.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I am aware of the history of 1919's...Flash hiders are for (A6) 1919's not for A4's...USGI A6 has a different shroud then the Izzy ...All Usgi A6's are 30-06....There are flash hiders that will fit a Izzy A4 , but they will have a larger hole for 30-06...Some 7,62 gun's will run with the larger booster hole , some will not...I have 2 Izzy 7,62 guns that run well with the 30-06 booster / hider .

·
Registered
66 Posts
The US M6 flash hider (shown above) can be simply screwed onto the end of the barrel shroud of your 1919, but it will have the larger aperture for use with .30-06 and (as noted) might work with .308 or might not. I know of several guys locally who have had M6 flash hiders internally sleeved to reduce the aperture to .308 dimensions and they work well. If you have a talented machinist available to you, that might be an option.

·
12,511 Posts
The gun was used in WW2 then after the war give to Israeli by the US then brought back into the US, have the stock (able to be seen on the ground), and have the 30-06 kit.
You just gave the generic and normal history lesson about the gross majority of 1919 kits and guns in the US to the message board that is dedicated to that gun.

both gunner and dink answered your question.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
To sum up whats already been said....they will all fit, but a 3006 may not function on a 308 gun. The Izzy flash hiders are already in 308 btw.
I see a shoulder stock and bipod in your pics, are you looking for a USGI or Izzy flash hider?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts