1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
001a.jpg 002a.jpg

Hello,
A friend Of mine gave me these two scopes today and I am not sure what the mount is? I am familiar with the M84 scopes and the M1C scope ring mounts, but the base mount I am thinking is for an M14? I dont have one to try it on so its a guess on my part. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, dan

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
It is for the M14 and it is one of the real early ones for the M84 scope. This was followed up with the ART 1 scope (auto ranging) and mount and later the ART II. Only the ART II had a mount with two screws one on the side of the received and also one on an adapter that replaced the clip guide on the receiver. I believe that first mount was steel and the later ones are aluminum.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I don't think the mounts are worth all that much (I have one here) but the M84 scopes are fairly expensive. I believe replicas cost over a couple hundred. The scopes are more valuable for people who want to use them on their M1D or replica of the M1D (also used on later versions of the 03A4). SARCO sells replicas and you can assume the originals are worth more. Actually SARCO sells replicas of the M82 for $399.00.

Here is a picture of the ARTII in use on an M1A'

IMG_1676.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts