1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have twelve M2 tripod copies for sale. I have been working on this project for a while and as I have figured out how to best make all the piece/parts, I have changed "procedures" several times. I have finalized how I plan to build them and the ones for sale here are my "R&D" batch. This group is all made the same. There will be some changes on the next ones such as the way the pintle socket is mounted, the welds, the leg and pintle latches, cupped feet, paint, etc. I am keeping the one that my 1919A4 is mounted on for my own use. I am selling these for $225.00 each delivered CONUS. I think this is a good mount for that price. If you are interested, drop me a line at [email protected]. I will use that as the means to determine who's next on the list. I will link you to pictures of what's available. I hope to get set up with a secure server for credit cards in the future and since PayPal doesn't seem to appreciate "gun" business for now I will request a postal or commercial money order as payment. As I mentioned earlier, the next ones will have some improvements and cost more, but I think these are good for the money. Follow the links for pictures. Thanks for looking.
Pictures:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/wmastuff/P1010026.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/wmastuff/P1010016.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/wmastuff/P1010015.jpg

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I tried to contact you at the address you gave but my AOL is not recognizing it. Are you sure that is the right address? I wanted to ask if you would consider making and selling just the rear legs. I obtained an M2 tripod from a friend. Turns out it was burned up when his barn burned down. I now have a restored tripod head and front leg but the rear legs are too far gone so I have been using wood (maple 1X2) rear legs. It was that or nothing.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I forgot to say if it would not be possible to purchase a set of legs I would be very interested in one of your complete tripods

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
M-2 tripods...

Excellant job.....does the traverse bar have graduations? Do you have the pintle socket bearing available for sale/trade? Please advise ...I'm drooling all over the place.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I guess you can't blame someone for trying to make a fast buck. But, it seems kind of a shame that someone will buy all these really neat looking tripods for $225, ( a price that the "little guy" can afford) then probably resell them for an amount that bumps the "little guy" out.

·
Registered
749 Posts
If you want one for this price than go ahead take one I don't mind giving up some positions to let some other people experience the joy, but dang when you see a good deal on this board you have to jump on it. I just saw a chance to get some tripods at a good price, just like many of you do when you see a WWII A6 kit, tripod, FN 30 etc come up for sale. I have over 30 tripods on back order with TNW and they are just slow with filling our orders. If this person wants to sell a lot of tripods they should hit me up. The only problem with this specific tripod is that it looks like you dont get some major components like T & E's and pintals (sp).

·
Registered
99 Posts
WOW!! Those look Great! I want One! drool,drool,,,
Where can I get a pintel and T&E ??
"Big Ed"

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the responses. Presently all I have to offer are the tripods. I am working on a T&E mechanism which I hope to have ready "soon". I am working on getting pics loaded to photobucket and responding to the emails and the gentleman who could not reach me via email. My goal here is to provide good quality and keep prices as low as possible instead of charging "what I can". As stated earlier, this is my "R&D" batch and the next ones will be of more consistent quality. My overall goal is for everybody to be happy with what they get. I have been working on this project for a long time and I am in it for the long haul. I also am working on a less expensive mount that I think will be pretty neat. I am concentrating on the next M2's and the T&E's for now. Thanks again for the responses.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wow I just spent $350 on a repo and yours look just as good. What a bummer. I am half tempted on picking up a spare for that price. Nice work, you will do well.

Robo

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks to everyone for the reponses. Kevin is number 12. Assuming everyone wants one, that's the lot. A lot of nice comments and feedback. I appreciate it. I hope to have more ready "soon". As mentioned earlier, they will be improved and will cost more but I will sell them at a fair profit and keep them as low as I can. I need to make another die and welding jig and I should be set. I have been working on this project for a long time and am in it for the long haul. As stated earlier, I have plans for a T&E and a different mount that I think will be pretty neat. Concentrating on more M2's first. Thanks again for your interest.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts